GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
121 - 140 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
The edmunds video said "will be available for purchase before the end of the year" not sure how much of blanket statement that is. Still curious to see how many Edition 1 reservations to produce before 3x models start getting looked at.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The edmunds video said "will be available for purchase before the end of the year" not sure how much of blanket statement that is. Still curious to see how many Edition 1 reservations to produce before 3x models start getting looked at.
That has always been GM's official statement, GM in the latest updates did not change their official guidance.

My unofficial gossip was some edition 1 reservations holders will have a lot to be thankful for this year. Which is code for before Thanksgiving...

Around 10K Edition 1's will be built.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me...... I just joined, and did not want to start a new thread, but have lots of nubie questions that hopefully others here can help with

1) so is the only way to order an EV Hummer is online ? no way to walk in to dealership to "order" one ?
2) I don't expect or want one in 2022 but would hope to possibly get one in 2023....is that realistic ?
3) I am assuming that there are NO "options" other than the choices of the choices online related to motors and power ? with that assumption, is that why no dealer is needed to "configure" what cannot be configured ?
Bassicly the EV come one way ? no interior color choices or exterior color choices or other options ?

Help anyone.... thanks.... please understand I am a nubie, please have patience for being uninformed

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me...... I just joined, and did not want to start a new thread, but have lots of nubie questions that hopefully others here can help with

1) so is the only way to order an EV Hummer is online ? no way to walk in to dealership to "order" one ?
2) I don't expect or want one in 2022 but would hope to possibly get one in 2023....is that realistic ?
3) I am assuming that there are NO "options" other than the choices of the choices online related to motors and power ? with that assumption, is that why no dealer is needed to "configure" what cannot be configured ?
Bassicly the EV come one way ? no interior color choices or exterior color choices or other options ?

Help anyone.... thanks.... please understand I am a nubie, please have patience for being uninformed
Welcome to the group,

Yes, you need to make a reservation on the GMC website. If you order now, 2023 is the soonest you will receive a HummerEV, There will be options on the EV3X, or lower, colors, battery pack, motors, off road gear, etc. Only the Edition 1 is limited on options.

Font Material property Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Ok, so I got another Hummer email this afternoon. It’s says that some of my information has changed. I was anxious, so I called concierge. He said my account now says ‘almost ready’, and that’s the first time he’s seen that sort of a thing. He couldn’t find anything else. The dealership said that they didn’t initiate any change either.

Also interesting, that when he was reading off my data on the computer, he said ‘VIP: no”, which means that they obviously have a VIP category. I suppose that probably shouldn’t come as a surprise, but annoying nonetheless.

Hopefully we’ll have an answer on the verification / order process this week.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ok, so I got another Hummer email this afternoon. It’s says that some of my information has changed. I was anxious, so I called concierge. He said my account now says ‘almost ready’, and that’s the first time he’s seen that sort of a thing. He couldn’t find anything else. The dealership said that they didn’t initiate any change either.

Also interesting, that when he was reading off my data on the computer, he said ‘VIP: no”, which means that they obviously have a VIP category. I suppose that probably shouldn’t come as a surprise, but annoying nonetheless.

Hopefully we’ll have an answer on the verification / order process this week.
VIP, might be the auction model only, that one will certainly get special treatment? I wonder who else would be VIP? GM insiders? Influencers? Investors? Jim Cramer said he has one on order for his wife, if he gets one before me I will be pissed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hope it’s finally a legit email to finalize an order! With some people’s status getting changed it feels like we are so close! Hope that means we will finally get some range and tow capability information soon too

·
Registered
24 Posts
Called up hummer concierge today just to see if they had any thing new to say about my edition 1 order. She told me that my status changed and I should be expecting a e-mail this week from gmc …. Not sure how true this is
Called concierge today as well and they just said my account showed "active" . She said emails started going out last week and that I would probably receive an email this week. Didn't seem like mine was anything special. I hope the email she is referring to is not just another blanket email saying they are getting close...😬

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called them too. Also listed as active and told I should get an email in the next 2 weeks. She said from the dealer about ordering so that’s maybe a good sign

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX & 2015 Wrangler JKU Hard Rock Rubicon
22 Posts
do not have an answer unfortunately. I checked with management and we looked at our list we have no grouping. I'm going to assume maybe it's dealers as a whole through GM wherever you placed your order and what group that dealer is. Maybe @Smply_Jake can shed some light.
I havent heard anything about VIP. The Group A, B, C had to do with your EV setup at the store, the timing of when things were due to be turned in and when the inspections took place. As of yesterday our rep didnt have a date when the emails were supposed to go out. Just that they would be sent to customers towards the end of the month. My guess is it will be pushed near Oct 21st when they reveal the new Sierra and open the reservations for the Sierra.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rhode Island Update ~ I spoke with my GM Dealer and asked about ordering and whether the dealership had met all required GM EV requirements for the EV program. His response: ...." My best guess would be you should be hearing something very soon, you are number 1 of 8. We’ve just finished our updates and sent in everything required that we need to be EV compliant and I’m told we are one of the first dealerships to complete this"

As always I will keep you posted on my order status experience.

For the first time, I am actually feeling that we are getting very close! Stay tuned....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Question for those of you who have received the emails.... Are they coming from your dealership, or "Your GMC Team"?.... I have really only received some marketing emails from my local dealership, and similar but different emails from "Your GMC Team", but I do not have an Edition1 reservation, so I am not really expecting anything yet.... But I would like to be kept up to date as I know that the owner of my dealership is getting one and I for sure want to go and check it out as soon as I can.

121 - 140 of 188 Posts