GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I took many photos. I'm a terrible photographer but will share if no one makes fun of my terrible phtotgrpahy. It was a preproduction truck according to the handler. He said interior bits were very stable so no sitting in the truck. The interior styling was still great, the perforated seats and leather trimmed door panels were great. The center console had the drive mode dial and the gear selector. There was a large open storage underneath. I can't speak to comfort but I liked the evening mix between touch and tactile buttons. The center screen looked oddly fastened as if it was clamped to be adjusted up and down. I'm not sure that's the intention, it's preproduction or the clamps are to make it look rugged.

The roof system being translucent panels was a great touch. The exterior looked production ready. The white paint oddly had a warm tone to it. The styling is great in person, exceeded expectations--which were high. The bed looks oddly spacious. The best part was the bench that pulls out of the lift gate with built in speakers and USB ports. Someone told me that option can be had on Silverado pickup trucks. If so I'd get it if I were buying one. The body lines still exude that square-ish hummer design but they soften the edges just enough to make it look way more stylish while maintaining the rugged look of the truck.

In the end I don't think I they'll be able to make enough of them. The dealer rep was also not optimistic about deliveries this year but said no has provided any intelligence on that--just his gut.

Hummer Photos
Good pics, thats is not the show truck, so should be pretty solid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After my original reservation of the EV2 I’ve made a dealer change to a closer dealer and also upgraded to a 2x and then a 3x. On one of them I did not get the confirmation email with the reservation # but the dealer got my pre order. When I canceled my EV2 pre order I just called the Hummer Concierge # and they were able to pull my reservation # by using my email and phone #. If you want to get that reservation number just give them a shout I’m sure they’ll have it
How did you make the dealer change? I have a reservation for an EV1 but want to switch to a closer dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took many photos. I'm a terrible photographer but will share if no one makes fun of my terrible phtotgrpahy. It was a preproduction truck according to the handler. He said interior bits were very stable so no sitting in the truck. The interior styling was still great, the perforated seats and leather trimmed door panels were great. The center console had the drive mode dial and the gear selector. There was a large open storage underneath. I can't speak to comfort but I liked the evening mix between touch and tactile buttons. The center screen looked oddly fastened as if it was clamped to be adjusted up and down. I'm not sure that's the intention, it's preproduction or the clamps are to make it look rugged.

The roof system being translucent panels was a great touch. The exterior looked production ready. The white paint oddly had a warm tone to it. The styling is great in person, exceeded expectations--which were high. The bed looks oddly spacious. The best part was the bench that pulls out of the lift gate with built in speakers and USB ports. Someone told me that option can be had on Silverado pickup trucks. If so I'd get it if I were buying one. The body lines still exude that square-ish hummer design but they soften the edges just enough to make it look way more stylish while maintaining the rugged look of the truck.

In the end I don't think I they'll be able to make enough of them. The dealer rep was also not optimistic about deliveries this year but said no has provided any intelligence on that--just his gut.

Hummer Photos
1st. Thanks for the details on the truck and your thoughts

2nd. Am I the only one who feels like the tires look entirely to small. I know they are supposed to be 35” but they still don’t looklike they fit the truck

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
1st. Thanks for the details on the truck and your thoughts

2nd. Am I the only one who feels like the tires look entirely to small. I know they are supposed to be 35” but they still don’t looklike they fit the truck
Agree, it would look better with 37's, but the range would take a huge beating with bigger tires.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Hummer Photos
I’m definitely adding the tailgate speakers I think those will be awesome

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve found only a couple reviews but the ones I’ve seen said the sound is good. What are your thoughts on the sound quality?
They sounded great and were quite loud with out getting raspy. Better quality than I have heard on most boats! Came with a couple cool features as well. Both aux and Bluetooth input, auto shut off when closing the tailgate, usb charger for your phone and runs low voltage with separate power source so you can’t kill the truck. I let them run a full night of partying at the lake and had no problem cranking the truck over in the morning.

my only two gripes was There was some Bluetooth/power issue where when it auto connected it would play at like 75% volume and you had to forget and reconnect the speaker. Other was it was constantly dirty. I used my Sierra for a few dump runs and was cleaning rocks out of the folds in the multi pro tailgate for months. Never really had any issues withactually closing just some crunchiness and having to sweep inside the folds. It’s just one more fold to clean on a fat guy lol!

All that being said I’m glad they made they’re way to the HEV. They were one of my favorite features from before and I put them trough the paces with off-roading, launching boats, camping and plenty of use. Despite them being dirty often and getting concrete dust and pebbles in them they held up and sounded great. Way better than just leaving your doors open and windows down!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Additionally i had the carbon pro edition of the Sierra which was super rare to come by. I was hoping they would have incorporated a few more elements from that bed configuration as well. The tie down points below the back window and cut outs for tying down dirt bikes were amazing! Plus there were 3 tie down points on each corner of the bed. Nothing came loose in that truck ever!!! I do like the squared wheel wells in the bed for easy sitting and drinking as well as the old man handle for easy ingress and egress. People make fun of it but when you have had a few drinks camping it makes all the difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm looking back on the photos from yesterday and just gathering my thoughts a out the whole experience and I think it's just made the anticipation much worse.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Hummer Photos
Thanks for the photos. One thing I noticed was that the gear shifter looks like the one in the new Silverado. It’s hard to tell exactly though. I wouldn’t doubt it has a few shared bits though.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks for the photos. One thing I noticed was that the gear shifter looks like the one in the new Silverado. It’s hard to tell exactly though. I wouldn’t doubt it has a few shared bits though.
I saw that too, Hummer shares a lot with the 2022 refresh Silverado, both screens, although the application is different

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw that too, Hummer shares a lot with the 2022 refresh Silverado, both screens, although the application is different
I was noticing on one of the videos I saw about the Silverado it looks to have similar driver mode animations as the Hummer. I wonder if they are utilizing the same gaming company technology now throughout GM.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was noticing on one of the videos I saw about the Silverado it looks to have similar driver mode animations as the Hummer. I wonder if they are utilizing the same gaming company technology now throughout GM.
Ya, I saw that too, it seems GM is spreading the technology out

I hope the Silverado Ev has a different interior design (more modern) than the refresh Silverado which to me looks classic in design, but with tech bits added in. I am hoping the Silverado EV has a more clean look, larger floating screen. After owning a Tesla Y, and an E-Tron, I can see some beauty in simplicity, and think the Silverado EV, would be nice if it was scaled back in details but more money spent on seats, screens, I think the refresh Silverado Interior is nice, but maybe a bit over styled for my taste.

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ya, I saw that too, it seems GM is spreading the technology out

I hope the Silverado Ev has a different interior design (more modern) than the refresh Silverado which to me looks classic in design, but with tech bits added in. I am hoping the Silverado EV has a more clean look, larger floating screen. After owning a Tesla Y, and an E-Tron, I can see some beauty in simplicity, and think the Silverado EV, would be nice if it was scaled back in details but more money spent on seats, screens, I think the refresh Silverado Interior is nice, but maybe a bit over styled for my taste.

View attachment 1205
Just too much going on really. The bronze tech accents with black dash then brown wood grain and appears to have gloss black speaker grille trim. I don't know if I could ever go as simple as a Tesla, but this picture is driving me crazy. Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Just too much going on really. The bronze tech accents with black dash then brown wood grain and appears to have gloss black speaker grille trim. I don't know if I could ever go as simple as a Tesla, but this picture is driving me crazy. Hahaha.
Ya, I hope not Tesla spartan, that is too extreme, but more simple than the refresh Silverado, which to me looks like they were trying too hard. I would prefer less surfaces, angles and textures, but higher quality. Here is the E-Tron, which I think finds a nice balance, and materials are all premium looking and feeling.

Car Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ya, I hope not Tesla spartan, that is too extreme, but more simple than the refresh Silverado, which to me looks like they were trying too hard. I would prefer less surfaces, angles and textures, but higher quality. Here is the E-Tron, which I think finds a nice balance, and materials are all premium looking and feeling.

View attachment 1207
That's nice looking. How are the touch screen climate controls down that low? Probably not a lot different than buttons, but looks to be a stretch possibly.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's nice looking. How are the touch screen climate controls down that low? Probably not a lot different than buttons, but looks to be a stretch possibly.
In the E-Tron you sit fairly low, actually the climate controls are quite nice and can be movved to the main screen if you choose too. I always hear GM and Ford say truck customers want big knobs in their truck for climate control, and that might be true in work truck class, but I think on the "Cadillac" end of the market the touch screens work well. Most people are garaging their car in that class, and the climate is always on auto, like a house, not making too many changes mid drive. I find in the Audi, I never touch the climate screen except to enter navigation data. It has a cool feature where you can write with your finger and it uses AI to figure out what you are writing (works most of the time) GM's climate control interface works well, but is not modern or clean looking until you get up to the 2022 Escalade.

If you are building a modern "software" based car you put as much as you can in the touch screen, and ultimately save money in production as every knob or button has a design cost, and tooling cost, then a production cost. Also just like Steve Jobs said when introducing iPhone, if you want to add a feature over the air down the road, you cannot recall the cars to add a button... But if the controls are software based, you can add or change the interface at any time, and for just the programming cost one time for the entire fleet. This is Tesla's magic formula... People who buy Tesla's say their car improves with time, which is true, Tesla adds features to your car while you sleep at night, you wake up and have new features, and capabilities. Tesla even sometimes adds range, or power over the air. Imagine you buy a 400 hp car, and one day a year later you wake up and have 450 hp... pretty cool, right?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts