GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

Registered
Been a little MIA as we were fairly busy over the holiday weekend. As @Smply_Jake said there is nothing updated in the order workbench yet for us to actually place an order. We did receive in addition to the Accessories playbook a "Customer Order Worksheet" which is basically a line by line order sheet for us to go over with our clients. We can then directly input the info from the order sheet right into our system. This will help streamline the process for sure.

Registered
Spoke to a dealership in Paso Robles, CA (not where my reservation is) where my godparents just picked up their 鈥19 Sierra Denali and contact told me they expect showroom truck by November and probably no actual deliveries until December and he said that actual dates were likely to be later.
Curious if there will be some saturation of the east coast before they work they鈥檙e way to the west coast if NJ will have a show truck this/next week. Could just be dealership by dealership who knows, sure there is a method to the madness.

Registered
I know I said before I wasn't sure on the showroom model, but we did get confirmation we will be having a showroom model here. I don't know of when GM has done this before because we could sure use a Yukon and Escalade here to talk about as well. I'm pretty excited to have one here at our disposal everyday.

Registered
Just spoke with a GMC dealer that I don鈥檛 have my reservation with. I鈥檝e done a lot of business with them through work. They have an edition 1 coming that the owners bought so they鈥檇 have a showroom unit. I just spoke to them and they told me I鈥檇 be the first to know when they are ready to sell it.

Registered
2021 Ram TRX & 2015 Wrangler JKU Hard Rock Rubicon
Just spoke with a GMC dealer that I don鈥檛 have my reservation with. I鈥檝e done a lot of business with them through work. They have an edition 1 coming that the owners bought so they鈥檇 have a showroom unit. I just spoke to them and they told me I鈥檇 be the first to know when they are ready to sell it.
Every Hummer dealer had the opportunity to get one for the showroom. I think it will have to sit for 6 months before they can sell. Actually kind of smart on the GMs part, this way we will have something to show customers while inventory isnt readily available.

Registered
Maybe get a post started to keep up with where some of the display models are? Where they are at and how long they will be there. I'm ready to track one down and look at in person!

Registered
Maybe get a post started to keep up with where some of the display models are? Where they are at and how long they will be there. I'm ready to track one down and look at in person!
Later this month, Motor Bella in Detroit will have them on display, and more then likely the Texas State Fair

Registered
New England Here, I stopped by my reservation dealership and spoke directly to the general manager, who confirmed my reservation. They are getting the dealership ready, charging stations installed (started by not in yet) and they expect the dealership to be EV ready by the end of September. As far as taking orders, he stated they are close but are still waiting on GM to give them the go ahead to take orders in reservation order. He also confirmed that GM will be emailing the individual reservation holders. Sorry no earth-breaking news....... so still in waiting pattern!

Registered
Hey guys. New here but I鈥檝e got a edition 1 preordered and my dealership in central AR says they have 2 people that have reservations. They called the other day to send me the accessories email but not about ordering

my order went through at 6:50 CST on 10-21

Registered
Hey guys. New here but I鈥檝e got a edition 1 preordered and my dealership in central AR says they have 2 people that have reservations. They called the other day to send me the accessories email but not about ordering

my order went through at 6:50 CST on 10-21
Congrats on the call, excited for you (ok and myself whenever it happens here)

I have a feeling that our reservation times may not be 100% the order we're seeing people be contacted? Maybe it's also something to do with dealership priorities? I'm only asking here to those that are in the know, but could it be based on dealership sales over previous years? IE. higher volume dealerships or maybe who is farther along in their EV infrastructure are getting vehicles first?

My reservation was at approximately 45 minutes after and I ended up talking to someone at my dealership with some information and she told me not to expect any news from them until Oct. It's exciting to see/hear people getting the call/emails. :)

Registered
This wouldn鈥檛 surprise me at all. But I鈥檇 love to think they are trying to get one per dealership that have an order. The bigger ones may get more than 1 but seems like they鈥檇 want them out there

Registered
Congrats on the call, excited for you (ok and myself whenever it happens here)

I have a feeling that our reservation times may not be 100% the order we're seeing people be contacted? Maybe it's also something to do with dealership priorities? I'm only asking here to those that are in the know, but could it be based on dealership sales over previous years? IE. higher volume dealerships or maybe who is farther along in their EV infrastructure are getting vehicles first?

My reservation was at approximately 45 minutes after and I ended up talking to someone at my dealership with some information and she told me not to expect any news from them until Oct. It's exciting to see/hear people getting the call/emails. :)
Would that be Coulter by any chance?

Registered
I took many photos. I'm a terrible photographer but will share if no one makes fun of my terrible phtotgrpahy. It was a preproduction truck according to the handler. He said interior bits were very stable so no sitting in the truck. The interior styling was still great, the perforated seats and leather trimmed door panels were great. The center console had the drive mode dial and the gear selector. There was a large open storage underneath. I can't speak to comfort but I liked the evening mix between touch and tactile buttons. The center screen looked oddly fastened as if it was clamped to be adjusted up and down. I'm not sure that's the intention, it's preproduction or the clamps are to make it look rugged.

The roof system being translucent panels was a great touch. The exterior looked production ready. The white paint oddly had a warm tone to it. The styling is great in person, exceeded expectations--which were high. The bed looks oddly spacious. The best part was the bench that pulls out of the lift gate with built in speakers and USB ports. Someone told me that option can be had on Silverado pickup trucks. If so I'd get it if I were buying one. The body lines still exude that square-ish hummer design but they soften the edges just enough to make it look way more stylish while maintaining the rugged look of the truck.

In the end I don't think I they'll be able to make enough of them. The dealer rep was also not optimistic about deliveries this year but said no has provided any intelligence on that--just his gut.

Hummer Photos

61 - 80 of 108 Posts