GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
401 - 420 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
12/17/21 Update, called GMC concierge today, status is same, Spring 2022 for me. I also visited my RI Dealer and spoke with my GM friend. He verified everything, everyone else has been reporting. I am number 2. The first one is a VIP who ordered all bronze accents, he will notify my once the VIP EV1 comes in so I can check it out, he expects it to arrive during the first couple weeks of January. I will post pics once I get my eyes on it. I also asked about the wind sound everyone has commented on, and he said the production test vehicles are not entirely sound proofed like the full production EV1's will be. Bottom line, is that even with these first Ev1's leaving the assembly line today, it is unlikely that any of the first customers will have their EV1's actually delivered by Santa before Xmas.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Damn It.... Would someone please report that they received their truck.... I want to hear about REAL WORLD deliveries.... And people actually driving their new Hummers.... Surely they have to be making it to someone's hands... But maybe they are too busy the WTF Mode to report back to us that are less fortunate...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Damn It.... Would someone please report that they received their truck.... I want to hear about REAL WORLD deliveries.... And people actually driving their new Hummers.... Surely they have to be making it to someone's hands... But maybe they are too busy the WTF Mode to report back to us that are less fortunate...
It won't be long.... Reuss said they have 17 ready to go last week, I am sure those are en route to be delivered soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw someone on Facebook post a video opening a charger with a letter from GM in it congratulating them on their Hummer EV order being finalized. I didn’t think Hummers were coming with chargers. 🤔

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Yes...you get a level 2 charger with your Edition 1. When you verify your reservation you will tell the dealer where to ship it & if you need help getting an electrician, GM will assist. I have a couple who I work regularly who will be happy to install it for me and won't mind making me pay an Edition 1 surcharge. It's kind of hard to negotiate when you are buying an expensive toy. When it comes to some of my contactors/vendors I don't mind paying a little more...in many ways they deserve/earn the $$$ for the great service they provide.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Only update I got from my cousin is the dealer is sure it will be in before new year
From Big Al today as he is finally back to work from his illness, clearly GM is trying to get as many HummerEV's out to customers as possible before the end of the year, will it be 5? 10? 50? 100?

"I am back in the saddle today, seeing how many HummerEVs we can push out the door for our awaiting customers (some may even be ‘famous’)".

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes...you get a level 2 charger with your Edition 1. When you verify your reservation you will tell the dealer where to ship it & if you need help getting an electrician, GM will assist. I have a couple who I work regularly who will be happy to install it for me and won't mind making me pay an Edition 1 surcharge. It's kind of hard to negotiate when you are buying an expensive toy. When it comes to some of my contactors/vendors I don't mind paying a little more...in many ways they deserve/earn the $$$ for the great service they provide.

Jeff
that’s great. Haven’t seen anything official on this so I wonder if it will be included for other trim levels. Other competitors offer the charger with their vehicles so I was surprised that nothing had been mentioned about GM including one. I hope they let us know for sure on the other trim levels so I know whether I need to order a charger myself ahead of time.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
246 Posts
that’s great. Haven’t seen anything official on this so I wonder if it will be included for other trim levels. Other competitors offer the charger with their vehicles so I was surprised that nothing had been mentioned about GM including one. I hope they let us know for sure on the other trim levels so I know whether I need to order a charger myself ahead of time.
To be clear, I believe GM will supply a dual level charger like the EUV, but for the chargers that can supply 11 kW you need to request from the dealership after ordering in the GM-Qmerit partnership.
Reading into it you can call the Hummer line and inquire about how to get a charger.

Rectangle Font Magenta Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received my level 2 charger over the weekend so I can confirm that at least Edition 1's come with a charger. I checked and on their website, this charger retails for $899. Seems strange to me that they have not asked for any additional money other than the $100 deposit before sending this.
Corded phone Gadget Gas Cable Adapter

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I received my level 2 charger over the weekend so I can confirm that at least Edition 1's come with a charger. I checked and on their website, this charger retails for $899. Seems strange to me that they have not asked for any additional money other than the $100 deposit before sending this. View attachment 1482
I guess GM has faith the folks placing orders will actually close on the HummerEv when it arrives. Pretty cool unexpected Bonus, no other Ev company has done this and give people time to have it installed before the truck arrives.

Bravo GM...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I received my level 2 charger over the weekend so I can confirm that at least Edition 1's come with a charger. I checked and on their website, this charger retails for $899. Seems strange to me that they have not asked for any additional money other than the $100 deposit before sending this. View attachment 1482
Could you please take a picture of the EVSE end, and writing on the cord?

401 - 420 of 459 Posts