GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
301 - 320 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Finally got the GMC email to verify the reservation. Going to take care of that tomorrow with the dealer. Will update after it’s complete.

The Detroit Free Press had an article today about the specs. They said that deliveries would begin in “weeks”. Towing 7500lb, load carrying capacity 1300lbs (including cab and bed), and 329 miles. 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

I was planning to keep my F-250 diesel, so I’m not going to have a problem with the towing or load capacity.

Slightly disappointed with the charge distance.

Getting excited overall though.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Finally got the GMC email to verify the reservation. Going to take care of that tomorrow with the dealer. Will update after it’s complete.

The Detroit Free Press had an article today about the specs. They said that deliveries would begin in “weeks”. Towing 7500lb, load carrying capacity 1300lbs (including cab and bed), and 329 miles. 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

I was planning to keep my F-250 diesel, so I’m not going to have a problem with the towing or load capacity.

Slightly disappointed with the charge distance.

Getting excited overall though.
Overall a cool truck, but the aerodynamics and tires kill the range. 329 still not bad, lets see how real world that number is at 70 mph?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Overall a cool truck, but the aerodynamics and tires kill the range. 329 still not bad, lets see how real world that number is at 70 mph?
Get the less aggressive tires if you aren't taking it off road much and you'd gain a few miles of range.
Also GM estimates are easy to beat, they are usually ultra conservative for EV ranges.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder if it still can make a viable over landing build (rooftop tant) and equipments, adding weight and reducing aerodynamics even more. ICE guys sometimes already bring 40-50Gal of gas on top of extended gas tank on trips (I have a few example in minds, e.g., pony express trail, 500 miles), I can’t see how this will work with EVs that stands around 300-350 miles. I really want it to work though, maybe I’m under estimating the network of chargers along those trails. But that’s something I’d love to do some days and I can’t help but to worry when I’m remote locations.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
94% of range estimate and 97% of 0-60 estimate. Close enough for me. I have owned both Power Wagons and a Raptor so the towing and payload doesn’t surprise me for an off-road focused vehicle.
Ya, they got close, I am curious 2 things, did they reduce the battery capacity for longevity (top or bottom buffer)? How is the range and consumption at constant 70 mph. Overall I am disappointed because of the weight, and lack of truck-ish capabilities, but there is no other competitor yet, the Silverado Ev will likely be a better fit for what I really need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the email as well, Fall of 2022.... oh well. at least if they catch fire they won't burn down my garage first!

As aside, i'm perfectly happy with the specs. this thing shouldn't be as efficient as it is, i mean, it's a 9000# Hummer afterall. The original HUMVEE got what, 6 MPG? and 0-60 in 15 seconds, or was the top speed 55mph lol? This thing is an absolute beast. if you are buying it to cruise at 70mph, you may need to reassess your vehicle needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the email as well, Fall of 2022.... oh well. at least if they catch fire they won't burn down my garage first!

As aside, i'm perfectly happy with the specs. this thing shouldn't be as efficient as it is, i mean, it's a 9000# Hummer afterall. The original HUMVEE got what, 6 MPG? and 0-60 in 15 seconds, or was the top speed 55mph lol? This thing is an absolute beast. if you are buying it to cruise at 70mph, you may need to reassess your vehicle needs.
I received an email today to go to the dealership and pick accessories. Which I did. But there was no mention of estimated delivery/build

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sad Panda. Drew the fall 2022 straw

what I wonder is if my choice of dealer impacted line in place. This would really annoy me if so. I did go with one of the smaller dealers around me and sit here wondering if they made the electric commitments GMC wants. Oh well, like many gives a chance to take a deep breath and see how the early ships play out on several fronts.

301 - 320 of 366 Posts