GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Same here! Then GM could put a test track outside so test out all the cool features. The old AM General Hummer plant nearby me had a test track where they’d get tested before they shipped. Someone actually got paid to drive Hummers around that thing how cool would that be?
The test track at Factory Zero got upended to build the battery assembly building. I am not sure if they reconfigured it or not

·
Registered
18 Posts
How are you liking it so far? Are you going to keep it or flip it?
Love it so far but only been a few hours. I kept telling myself my “number” was $230k or above… would hve to be $100k profit or else I’m keeping it. Seems like it’s netting just below that. So nothing 100% but i think I’m keeping it! Now gotta decide to keep it white or wrap it?!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Love it so far but only been a few hours. I kept telling myself my “number” was $230k or above… would hve to be $100k profit or else I’m keeping it. Seems like it’s netting just below that. So nothing 100% but i think I’m keeping it! Now gotta decide to keep it white or wrap it?!
Congrats @ofaridi32! What colors would you consider wrapping your Hummer in?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, glad your keeping it. $230K would't have been 100k profit on paper, but technically you would owe capital gains tax on it as property sold <1 year at income tax rate so you'd owe the IRS another say $25K or so in taxes... although we know no one is reporting that likely.

Enjoy the Hummer for sure - jealous as so many of us are waiting!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You would be incredibly stupid not to report cap gains on that big of a sale.
I agree, likely to get caught, IRS knows if your tax returns match your finances. Many people get overlooked and get away with it, but if they catch you, the penalties and interest make it tough to justify the odds. They also might catch you 2-3-4 years down the road with the penalties are severe.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts