GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Sound not working Hummer EV1

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  5280Flat 
#1 ·
Sounds just stopped working today no radio sound no turn signal sound. Does anyone have any thoughts on a remedy?

#10 ·
i visit this forum to learn about the Hummer EV and general education on EV ownership. i have a reservation in for the truck and the SUV but decided the SUV works better for my needs so eventually i will cancel the truck reservation. i have to admit i find it disappointing that a popular fix for EVs is simply, "Oh yeah, disconnect the 12v battery" (usually messaged with a tone suggesting everyone should know that).... sorry to say that sounds like an absurd solution and something about 1 in a 1000 EV owners will know how to do or have the tools with them to do it in an emergency. the industry better come up with something smarter or they won't get very far selling more of these. this is a multi-thousand pound vehicle, potentially out in public traffic or high risk situation. it's not as trivial as rebooting a PC in your home or office.

#11 ·
It is literally a PC though... and ev market can't go much further as charging is awful. It takes forever that is if u find one that's working. The super chargers are always full and planning a trip further than a few hundred miles takes time and normally adds multiple hours. I enjoy the hummer ev and purchased it knowing it's limits. Really just a really advanced power wheel for adults... my family car is the 2022 escalade which is truly the nicest car on the road. Innovation is the root of real freedom and to keep innovating we must remain free to think and express ourselves even if it's hurtful. Long live freedom and options 🙏

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.