GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the email for new software updates, "Unlock Extract Mode and Super Cruise Trailering", I am a bit worried though, updates to SuperCruise? Mine has worked perfectly other than aggressive lane changing, I am a bit afraid to download the update.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got the same email.. and since after getting the new sensors installed for Extract the truck hasnt actually functioned at all with the ride height adjustments I'm not sure exactly what else they would have changed for that capability either (and no I havent taken it back to the dealer.. was getting tired of taking it over to them since its had 4 trips in the last month and the truck is currently 'stuck' at the normal ride height).

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
I just got the email for new software updates, "Unlock Extract Mode and Super Cruise Trailering", I am a bit worried though, updates to SuperCruise? Mine has worked perfectly other than aggressive lane changing, I am a bit afraid to download the update.

View attachment 2612
It adds the Trailering feature to Super Cruise that the new Silverado and Sierra have. It will allow Super Cruise to work while towing.

You have to put the trailer information into the Trailer app in the Truck first though. IIRC.

Other feature updates seems like bug fixes and general improvements to UI.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Got the same email.. and since after getting the new sensors installed for Extract the truck hasnt actually functioned at all with the ride height adjustments I'm not sure exactly what else they would have changed for that capability either (and no I havent taken it back to the dealer.. was getting tired of taking it over to them since its had 4 trips in the last month and the truck is currently 'stuck' at the normal ride height).
Ive had issues too since getting the sensors installed, can hardly get it in to extract mode, usually says leveling system unavailable. I can still do entry/exit mode which is great since I need that for my garage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive had issues too since getting the sensors installed, can hardly get it in to extract mode, usually says leveling system unavailable. I can still do entry/exit mode which is great since I need that for my garage.
Luckily we can fit it in the garage in normal mode. I spoke with the service manager this morning and he was going to call GM TAC and ask their thoughts before I bring it back. Said the sensor install was a huge and tedious PITA process for his guy. They have 2 other HEVs which they havent done the update for yet. Oh the fun of being the first! :)

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My truck is also stuck at the "Normal" height with a "service Leveling system" indicator. It's no big deal for me right now, I figured I would wait and see if anything else pops up before taking it in for service.

The Joys of a first model year vehicle with so many new systems? It's great, but I cannot think of any other GM vehicle launched with so much new invention on a single vehicle. New Chassis, New Suspension, New Battery tech, New drive units, New control systems, I mean this is really off the beaten path for GM, and GM usually does not do this type of launch where everything is new. When they launch new truck models trucks of SUV's they usually carryover the powertrains until the next refresh, so they don't have so many unknowns at the same time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
So do I need to have the dealership install sensors before Extract Mode download??? I have an appointment at the dealership for Friday..... I have to pick up my plates anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts