GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received their EV1 with a single tow hook in the rear? I'm not sure if they forgot to install my other one or what but I took it to the dealer and they are saying it only comes with one in the rear. That does not make sense to me at all and I can not find any other photos of them with just one hook. Thoughts?

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV
28 Posts
When I picked it up at the dealer and did my delivery inspection everything looked perfect, but once I got home I also noticed there was only 1 rear D-ring. I called my dealer who said there was only 1 rear D-ring that came with the truck to be installed (the fronts were already installed from the factory), he then ordered another one and I got that installed a week later.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Has anyone else received their EV1 with a single tow hook in the rear? I'm not sure if they forgot to install my other one or what but I took it to the dealer and they are saying it only comes with one in the rear. That does not make sense to me at all and I can not find any other photos of them with just one hook. Thoughts?

View attachment 2614
I'd leave it. Manufacturing defects add to the collector value 😉

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts

View attachment 2614
Delivery trucks were using the hooks to tie down the trucks I guess damaging the very first deliveries. So they started to leave them off and had them installed during PDI process. They are supposed to drill a inch and a quarter holes x 8 where the dimples are in the bumper and install 2 rear hook assemblies. They effed up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts