GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,011 Posts
To add to this actually.... I actually just looked at a recording I did at the show and it's the same as the original Vehicle on the Floor during Public days BUT DURING PRESS DAYS IT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Edit: Even the Wheels were different!
Its possible they have discovered the need for more cooling system surface area, I have noticed my Hummer with the clear roof panels, on a hot day, and after DC charging, has trouble keeping the interior cool. I have tried to figure out if this is related to the HVAC system, or the solar radiation that gets through the roof panels? My recommendation to people like @azbill living in AZ or other hot areas, avoid those clear roof panels a lot of heat comes in through those, much more than our Audi, or Tesla which both have large glass roofs (heavily tinted).

· Registered
4,011 Posts
I watched several press day videos, It appears everything I outlined in Red here is open to air, and orange is hard to tell but it may also be open. The orange area was open on the older grill.
View attachment 3205
They def made some changes, have to get a close up look to see what those mean... I do not think any EV needs as much air as you are showing through the front, hummer takes some air from underneath. Silverado E may have the ability to hold DC charge rate longer, and I saw Andy Oury post to InsideEV that Silverado will be a "Charging Beast", so there may be some system updates from Hummer learnings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts