GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,094 Posts
HummerEV is pulling more then 280 kW on the rear motors in WTF.... Using my drag calculator, it has to be making over 1200 HP to run its best times, and the front axle hooks up very little power, its mostly coming from the back
You ever try turning the steering wheel during a WTF launch? It doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you sure? GM has described "WOW" mode for the Silverado and Max Power mode for the Sierra.
Are you sure? GM has described "WOW" mode for the Silverado and Max Power mode for the Sierra.
Hmmm,
I thought I read that unlike WTF, Max Power mode required no “prep” and had no time limitation. Just select and go. I’ll double check that when I’m near my computer again.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
One of the articles I saw described it as a drive mode for continuous use rather than a short burst of use (perhaps not unlike the red key in a Hellcat vehicle).

Gotta say I'd rather have a roll down rear window instead of the midgate; I know they were in the Avalanche, but just can't envision using one.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hmmm,
I thought I read that unlike WTF, Max Power mode required no “prep” and had no time limitation. Just select and go. I’ll double check that when I’m near my computer again.
One of the articles I saw described it as a drive mode for continuous use rather than a short burst of use (perhaps not unlike the red key in a Hellcat vehicle).

Gotta say I'd rather have a roll down rear window instead of the midgate; I know they were in the Avalanche, but just can't envision using one.
You actually can just leave the Hummer in WTF mode for an entire drive. It's uncomfortable because the suspension is basically (or actually?) on the bump stops. Maybe that isn't part of the ones in the other pickups because it isn't necessary with the lesser amount of power.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You actually can just leave the Hummer in WTF mode for an entire drive. It's uncomfortable because the suspension is basically (or actually?) on the bump stops. Maybe that isn't part of the ones in the other pickups because it isn't necessary with the lesser amount of power.
Ya, the Hummer needs to transfer a lot of weight to the back to hook up what I think is about 900 HP from the rear motors in WTF mode. In the Silverado/Sierra which will have around 400 hp on the rear axle the transition should be much smoother.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Underpromise and overdeliver is always preferable to the inverse. AMG and BMW M have been doing it for a while. Their reported ~600ish power numbers are closer to the wheel hp with dyno estimates closer to 700.
GM is doing is specifically for their competition with Ford, don't want to show all your cards before a product gets so market. F150, and Silverado/Denali EV's will be bitter competitors as production ramps, this is when Rivian will see real pressure.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
GM is doing is specifically for their competition with Ford, don't want to show all your cards before a product gets so market. F150, and Silverado/Denali EV's will be bitter competitors as production ramps, this is when Rivian will see real pressure.
I'm still hoping the rumour of Rivian taking their new dual motor and repackaging it as a quad motor with the max battery pack are true. 1200+ hp and 400+ miles of range would be amazing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like those of you who reserved both the Hummer SUT and Denali are liking the Denali more...Kool. I'm not a fan of the SUT but lovin' the SUV; so I'm going with both the SUV and Denali... Canceled the Lightning as soon as the Silverado debuted; will cancel the Silverado here shortly. If all goes according to plan, I'll be collecting 4 new vehicles in the years to come: Jag F-Pace SVR (bought 1 month ago); C8 E-Ray Corvette; Hummer EV SUV 3X, and Sierra Denali ED1.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I'm still hoping the rumour of Rivian taking their new dual motor and repackaging it as a quad motor with the max battery pack are true. 1200+ hp and 400+ miles of range would be amazing.
Not going to happen, Rivian is running on fumes already, 4 motors driving each wheel is a fail, does not work as well as a straight up locker, not even close.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts