GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,210 Posts
URLs for the early reservations were posted. Not live yet though. I'm probably going to sit the Sierra EV out, so... it'll be one of these two links if they don't change it because I've posted it. They usually have been making them go live a few hours before the actual announcement times. Just a warning though, I didn't reserve "early" for the Hummer, and they haven't started delivery on the ones I've done early yet, so I have no idea if they are disqualifying for them. My reservations do still seem to exist though.

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/sierra-ev/early-reservations
https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/sierra-ev/reserve-yours

They tried to still time-gate the Silverado EV RST FE but I figured out how they were doing it and still got mine in before the actual start of the announcement. Guessing they might have the same thing planned for the Sierra.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 MSRP is $107,000. They are giving early access to "their most loyal Denali owners"

Help page states this, so your dealer should know if you're getting the e-mail. I have no idea if these have actually gone out yet but the early reservation page is active.
WHAT IF I DIDN’T GET IT MY EARLY ACCESS EMAIL, AND MY DEALER SAYS I’M ON THE LIST?
Please check spam. Try searching the email for the subject of the email (“Your Exclusive Early Invitation to Reserve the GMC Sierra EV Denali”).

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Don't know why people are saying "starting price". The Edition 1 is going to have most of the available options already as part of that price, same as the Hummer Edition 1.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Well there are always accessories
Yeah but people that are asking about the starting price want to know what the base model price is going to be, without the obligated options of the Edition 1. I went digging around but it seems like they've improved the security of their reservation system vs what was up for the Silverado.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
From what has been floating around for a while I think they are only going to offer the Sierra as a Denali.
Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 available early 2024, by reservation only. Sierra EV Denali available spring 2024.
This seems true, but I would be very surprised if there weren't obligated options on the Edition 1. Probably base Denali won't have 4 wheel steer and will have dual motors like the Hummer EV.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
I wonder if the sail panel exists in the Silverado to allow for the midgate.... If the Sierra doesn't have one maybe it doesn't have a midgate so the wall behind the 2nd row is thinner.
The Silverado WT doesn't have a midgate and has the sail panel. I think they need to put them in to have better aerodynamics. Rivian still has an area that intrudes into the bed space because of the tonneau and gear tunnel, so they put the aero features onto the roof, since it doesn't stick out farther than the intrusion. The Sierra doesn't have that based on the teaser video.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Surprised it's so slow to 60. Expected they might have left a little in the tank to differentiate from the Silverado there but eh, gotta encourage people to buy the Hummer somehow.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
I think they learned some lessons with the Hummer Reservations. Look at all of us 3X reservations swinging in the wind. Best to only take them for the first batch and open up once they start deliveries. On the plus side, if you want a trim below the Denali the time period between reservation and delivery will be shorter than the Ed1 wait.
Not having the other trims reservable explains why I couldn't pull the pricing for them yet.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
HummerEV is pulling more then 280 kW on the rear motors in WTF.... Using my drag calculator, it has to be making over 1200 HP to run its best times, and the front axle hooks up very little power, its mostly coming from the back
You ever try turning the steering wheel during a WTF launch? It doesn't do anything.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Hmmm,
I thought I read that unlike WTF, Max Power mode required no “prep” and had no time limitation. Just select and go. I’ll double check that when I’m near my computer again.
One of the articles I saw described it as a drive mode for continuous use rather than a short burst of use (perhaps not unlike the red key in a Hellcat vehicle).

Gotta say I'd rather have a roll down rear window instead of the midgate; I know they were in the Avalanche, but just can't envision using one.
You actually can just leave the Hummer in WTF mode for an entire drive. It's uncomfortable because the suspension is basically (or actually?) on the bump stops. Maybe that isn't part of the ones in the other pickups because it isn't necessary with the lesser amount of power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts