GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,684 Posts
Availability not until Spring 2024, which is April-June 2024.
They mentioned two models in that text below. The Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 and just the normal Sierra EV Denali.

The Edition 1 is Early 2024 and the normal Denali is Spring.

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
Okay I watched both the first reveal video and this recent one for the Sierra, already the frontend has gone through some changes.

The front end they tease in that FB post might not actually be the Denali

New video:
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille

old video:

old video:
Personal luxury car Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Bumper

Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part Mid-size car Family car

new video:
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
According to Inside EVs GM is partnering with NTWRK for a total of 6 reveals that day.

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
Yeah but people that are asking about the starting price want to know what the base model price is going to be, without the obligated options of the Edition 1. I went digging around but it seems like they've improved the security of their reservation system vs what was up for the Silverado.
From what has been floating around for a while I think they are only going to offer the Sierra as a Denali.

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
I wonder if the sail panel exists in the Silverado to allow for the midgate.... If the Sierra doesn't have one maybe it doesn't have a midgate so the wall behind the 2nd row is thinner.

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
Here are the three Trims together:

Elevation:

AT4:

Denali:

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
Back to the Silverado, they did a sneaky update on their page... it got a 90 HP bump in power.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Truck

Reactions: Dark-Fx

· Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
GM's demonstration of infotainment and the actual operation in the real world is different. Hummer is literally the slowest I have ever seen in any modern vehicle, its embarassingly slow when demonstrating functions. Many times I think I missed a press and press again after a few seconds, sending me into a frustrating loop of presses. It's aggravating, and really awful for a new platform in 2022. One thing though I give GM credit for, the truck starts quicker then a Tesla, many times I hop in my Tesla and shift before it is ready, and I have to shift again and again before I can get going.
The advantage with Tesla is the use of more up to date CPU power, traditional OEMS still used older known robust silicon for their computing elements. I know GM has been pushing hard to try and update that. Future vehicles will be using their own in-house developed silicon.

The Lyriq is also using/introduced a new snap dragon processor for its infotainment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts