GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea when we will get to see some images of the Sierra EV? @Tom E-Tron had made some guesses before. I am just curious, and wondering if they will accelerate its release closer to the SilveradoE, or do you think that it's time line will be about the same from initial showing to release. Being as they will be close cousins and probably share a lot throughout the platform, it seems like they could release it sooner (if they wanted to), but maybe they want the SilveradoE to have a year or so to itself for marketing against Ford's Lighting or something.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Does anyone have an idea when we will get to see some images of the Sierra EV? @Tom E-Tron had made some guesses before. I am just curious, and wondering if they will accelerate its release closer to the SilveradoE, or do you think that it's time line will be about the same from initial showing to release. Being as they will be close cousins and probably share a lot throughout the platform, it seems like they could release it sooner (if they wanted to), but maybe they want the SilveradoE to have a year or so to itself for marketing against Ford's Lighting or something.
I have heard it will be soon, before the end of the year

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
LA Auto show next month is a good possibility.
That was one thought I had, but GM has been introducing Ultium products about a year before production, Blazer and Equinox, exactly a year before production, and I am showing Sierra EV will start production 10-2-2023, so the announcement could be any day now...

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Silverado is March '23 and debuted in January at CES so things can move around. If anything they might do an online unveil this month with first the in-person showing at LA.
GM had a major presentation at CES, so obviously they will adjust debut schedules, but the LA auto show is not a huge Sierra market, and last year GMC was not even at the LA show.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Well the only Sierra being announced shortly is the HD this Thursday.
Ya, Gm and ford playing poker on HD's, right now GM is crushing Ford is HD pickup sales, and its not even close. Hard to believe Ford used to have over 75% USA marketshare in that segment, and GM had less then 5% in 2000, The Duramax has done wonders for GM in the HD segment, as right now GM has leading HD marketshare of over 40%, Ford struggling to stay above 30%

·
Registered
174 Posts
GM had a major presentation at CES, so obviously they will adjust debut schedules, but the LA auto show is not a huge Sierra market, and last year GMC was not even at the LA show.
Well this is a good sign. GMC will be at the 2022 LA show. Even Hummer is singled out. But no Cadillac. 🤦‍♂️
Automakers - LA Auto Show

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
URLs for the early reservations were posted. Not live yet though. I'm probably going to sit the Sierra EV out, so... it'll be one of these two links if they don't change it because I've posted it. They usually have been making them go live a few hours before the actual announcement times. Just a warning though, I didn't reserve "early" for the Hummer, and they haven't started delivery on the ones I've done early yet, so I have no idea if they are disqualifying for them. My reservations do still seem to exist though.

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/sierra-ev/early-reservations
https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/sierra-ev/reserve-yours

They tried to still time-gate the Silverado EV RST FE but I figured out how they were doing it and still got mine in before the actual start of the announcement. Guessing they might have the same thing planned for the Sierra.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
Okay I watched both the first reveal video and this recent one for the Sierra, already the frontend has gone through some changes.

The front end they tease in that FB post might not actually be the Denali

New video:
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille

old video:

old video:
Personal luxury car Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Bumper

Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part Mid-size car Family car

new video:
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered