GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
Does the truck not have the blind spot monitor light in the side mirrors?
It does, just doesn't seem like it's quite in the right place. Part of it is the curvature of the passenger side mirror and being so far away reduces the field of view pretty significantly. The truck is tall enough that even checking the mirrors and over the shoulder I missed someone in our blind spot once. No light on.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
It does, just doesn't seem like it's quite in the right place. Part of it is the curvature of the passenger side mirror and being so far away reduces the field of view pretty significantly. The truck is tall enough that even checking the mirrors and over the shoulder I missed someone in our blind spot once. No light on.
I think that Hyundai style blind spot camera should be standard in all vehicles, Hummer does it while towing, but not all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The passenger side mirror seems magnified and hard to see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it might actually be a standard mirror instead of being the type where things "may be closer than they appear"
That could be the case because everything appears closer than it really is. It’s really disorienting and I’ve lost several cars for half a second where they aren’t visible in the mirror nor being picked up by blind spot monitoring. I find myself moving the mirror constantly trying to find the right view.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it might actually be a standard mirror instead of being the type where things "may be closer than they appear"
Thanks, sounds right. They did not put a convex mirror.

" Passenger-side mirrors are convex in order to give the driver a wider field of view and minimize blind spots. However, since they are convex, objects that you see in them, like other vehicles, appear farther apart than they actually are. "

·
Registered
16 Posts
This seems to be a big issue in my opinion. You can't adjust the mirrors far enough to actually be able to see cars on your side. Both mirrors basically look at the side of the car with the mirrors adjusted all the way out. Does everyone else have this issue as well? If so, I think there needs to be some sort of factory adjustment or recall. It's just not safe as it currently allows for adjustment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hard to see anything out of my right mirror. It seems like it is cropped and zoomed. The left mirror is not as bad for me. I agree it’s a safety issue.
Agreed. I can sort of see out of my left mirror well enough if I lean forward but still not great. The right mirror is essentially useless except for looking at clearance in tight spots. I am hoping there is some internal adjustment they can make inside the mirror assembly to make it more useable.

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts
It honestly needs the weird mirror setup the HD trucks have where the mirror is on an arm that sticks out instead of the car style mirrors it has. They did it on the HD because of how wide they are.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
This seems to be a big issue in my opinion. You can't adjust the mirrors far enough to actually be able to see cars on your side. Both mirrors basically look at the side of the car with the mirrors adjusted all the way out. Does everyone else have this issue as well? If so, I think there needs to be some sort of factory adjustment or recall. It's just not safe as it currently allows for adjustment.
I didn't have issues adjusting mine where I couldn't see the side of the truck without leaning over. Are your mirrors all the way out where they should be? Seems like yours might be partially retracted.

GM put the mirrors on they did because it's an off-road focused vehicle. You don't want the other kind of mirrors for off-road, makes it difficult to adjust them sensibly for seeing near the vehicle. If you don't plan on driving off road, you might just have to live with your vehicle that was designed for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't have issues adjusting mine where I couldn't see the side of the truck without leaning over. Are your mirrors all the way out where they should be? Seems like yours might be partially retracted.

GM put the mirrors on they did because it's an off-road focused vehicle. You don't want the other kind of mirrors for off-road, makes it difficult to adjust them sensibly for seeing near the vehicle. If you don't plan on driving off road, you might just have to live with your vehicle that was designed for it.
They seem all the way out. I even pushed them father out and they popped in the opposite direction like most mirrors do. Attached are some images of how they look with the phone camera right in front of my face with the mirrors adjusted all the way out. Does this look like everyone else's?

Land vehicle Car Wheel Sky Vehicle

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
212 Posts
When I took delivery last week, I noted to my sales rep that the driver’s side mirror fully rotates but the passenger-side mirror rotates marginally. We drove together to the service department and she had the technician look at it. He was able make some adjustment so that the passenger-side mirror rotates fully now. My rep said the Illumination Package requires some modification of the mirror during the installation process, so that could have been a contributing factor. I still notice a blind spot due to the nature of the vehicle, but at least the mirror is more functional now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts