GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 110 Posts
I don't have a single complaint about the Frontier, it's a cheapie pickup truck, and does it's job and drives better then I expected it would. Hauls loads great, tows a trailer well, and gets descent fuel economy. Throttle is a bit too touchy, might be the one thing I would tone down, in the rain it's hard to leave a stop sign without spinning the tires.
I hated my Frontier. The Frontier has way too much tailpipe emissions for me, fumes smells disgusting. Also very annoying that I have to change the oil on it.
I can’t even fuel it up at home, I have to go to a gas station.

Worst of all, when I go to Capital Grille, the valet refuses to park it out front. Worst luxury truck I’ve ever owned.

Love how the Hummer drives. You guys must have driven a completely different vehicle. ED1 isn’t just a heart it’s the Ace of Hearts. I don’t work for GM, don’t really care what people think, no reason for me to hold this line other than it’s the truth. I could have sold mine for $210k last July but love it and hope to keep it a million miles if I can. Everyone else out there reading this debate, it’s not as cut and dry as some make it out to be. Test drive one yourself and most of you will fall in love with it like I have and most reviewers have. It’s a revolutionary one of a kind nothing else compares. Full stop.
Yeah but when's the last time you drove a Nissan Frontier?

GM definitely achieved what they were going for with the Hummer ED1, it just wasn't what I want to drive every day. I totally understand why other people might have a different opinion about it though.

Love how the Hummer drives. You guys must have driven a completely different vehicle. ED1 isn’t just a heart it’s the Ace of Hearts. I don’t work for GM, don’t really care what people think, no reason for me to hold this line other than it’s the truth. I could have sold mine for $210k last July but love it and hope to keep it a million miles if I can. Everyone else out there reading this debate, it’s not as cut and dry as some make it out to be. Test drive one yourself and most of you will fall in love with it like I have and most reviewers have. It’s a revolutionary one of a kind nothing else compares. Full stop.
Hummer has lost every head to head comparison to Rivian, every magazine, same result. The little newcomer stomped a mud hole in GM Hummer EV drives like a mid 70's cadillac with worn out shocks, any quick steering imput is followed by roll, sway, any throttle or brake, the same. Worst handling truck I have ever driven, by far.

I hated my Frontier. The Frontier has way too much tailpipe emissions for me, fumes smells disgusting. Also very annoying that I have to change the oil on it.
I can’t even fuel it up at home, I have to go to a gas station.

Worst of all, when I go to Capital Grille, the valet refuses to park it out front. Worst luxury truck I’ve ever owned.
Haha, True on Emissions, but EV trucks not ready for work yet. Towing with the Hummer 100 mile range, and then the EA charger is broke down... Shoot, what now?

Didn't take you long to follow me to the Rivian forum. I bet you're sad Tom isn't actually over there on the Frontier forum aren't you?
I believe you started replying to my comments there, not the other way around. I’m trying to find someone selling 22 Sport tires.
You have some issues and I hope those get sorted out.

I believe you started replying to my comments there, not the other way around. I’m trying to find someone selling 22 Sport tires.
You have some issues and I hope those get sorted out.
Haha! I am surprised how defensive Hummer Fans get to my comments, shoot, its like illegal to have an opinion these days. I just say it does not work well for me, and people want to lay down in front of it defending it instead of discussing my actual points. I joined here when I reserved the truck, now have gone full circle.

I don't go to the Nissan Forum because I have no passion for the Nissan truck, it's just a tool to do a job, which it does well. I don't go the the Honda lawnmower forum either, my mower still starts on the first pull after 23 years, and I have never put a spark plug in it and only changed the oil once (put slightly used racing oil back in) . Same with my Makita cordless tools, use them every day, they work well, but no passion, don't need to go to the forum.

Haha! I am surprised how defensive Hummer Fans get to my comments, shoot, its like illegal to have an opinion these days. I just say it does not work well for me, and people want to lay down in front of it defending it instead of discussing my actual points. I joined here when I reserved the truck, now have gone full circle.

I don't go to the Nissan Forum because I have no passion for the Nissan truck, it's just a tool to do a job, which it does well. I don't go the the Honda lawnmower forum either, my mower still starts on the first pull after 23 years, and I have never put a spark plug in it and only changed the oil once (put slightly used racing oil back in) . Same with my Makita cordless tools, use them every day, they work well, but no passion, don't need to go to the forum.
I certainly do understand your points Tom, in fact I saw a jacked up Sierra HD on 35s yesterday and thought about how Tom E-Tron would not be buying that truck. The tailgate was at least as high as the one on the Hummer. :)

The leveling did not work in my HummerEv for most of the 6 months I owned it. In my Nissan Frontier I can load it from outside, and tie down over the rails without climbing the back. Load in Height on the Nissan is 32" over the side rail is 53", quite manageable.

35" tis were one of my least favorite parts of the Hummer, Like I said from the day I ordered, I am not a "hummer" person, it was just the first GM EV pickup and I wanted to try it, it failed as a pickup truck for my needs
Not to wade into this, but how high is the tailgate on the Hummer truck? Has anyone measured? Out of curiosity, just went out and measured our TRX and Lightning, both of which are at 35.5" (surprising given the TRX has 35s).

I think its important to discuss the HummerEV's weakness as a pickup truck for real pickup users. For people used to owning a pickup and needing its capabilities regularly, the HummerEV is a big step in the wrong direction, and hard to live with. It's literally the least capable, and most difficult to live with pickup truck on the market. I liked my 2500 Denali, but it was too big for most parking lots, and the bed was too tall (could not load or tie down over the side).

REAL pick up truck users don’t buy Hummers. They need better range, better payload/towing, and quicker “fill-ups”. The Hummer EV is lifestyle trucks for the occasional run to Home Depot, off-road fun, and quick acceleration. You bought the wrong truck for your needs and your pocket book. I am not saying you couldn’t afford it, but I remember you saying you make every financial decision around what is best for your family. How very righteous of you.

Now that you replaced yours with something more practical all you are is a buzzkill to those of us that bought the right vehicle and don’t fret daily if our money could have been spent better. Just go away already.

REAL pick up truck users don’t buy Hummers. They need better range, better payload/towing, and quicker “fill-ups”. The Hummer EV is lifestyle trucks for the occasional run to Home Depot, off-road fun, and quick acceleration. You bought the wrong truck for your needs and your pocket book. I am not saying you couldn’t afford it, but I remember you saying you make every financial decision around what is best for your family. How very righteous of you.

Now that you replaced yours with something more practical all you are is a buzzkill to those of us that bought the right vehicle and don’t fret daily if our money could have been spent better. Just go away already.
Regret your decision? Seems like you shouldn't.just because Tom didn't buy the Hummer for the reasons you did.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.