GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,568 Posts
The energy assist's suggestions were pretty useless in the Bolt. It assumed optimal conditions, which are never the case, especially talking about highway consumption. Drive 80 mph and you automatically lose at least 25% off the EPA range in otherwise optimal conditions.
It'd work for me at least, with my Volt I rarely go over 65. (I've stretched my Battery to 85 Miles once) xD

The App at least is growing, there are a lot of stations listed for a number of different providers.

I really can't wait for EV charging to be as thoughtless as filling up an ICE.
Can't wait for the Build out of Stations to reach a good number in all locations.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I think a lot of this is going to depend on the charging curve for the Hummer. If it can maintain 350kW for awhile (and the EA chargers rated for 350kW can actually sustain that rate), we may be surprised by the pace of charging. This chart from C&D's Rivian R1T review last week was disappointing to me (frankly for all three cars):

View attachment 1694

Also per C&D: The SUT, with its somewhat larger 24-module pack (roughly 213 kwh gross capacity) afforded by its longer wheelbase, will offer 350-kw DC fast-charging, while the SUV, with its 20-module pack (around 178 kwh), will charge at up to 300 kw.
Rivian just sent out an OTA update that improved the Charging curve in cold weather.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sure, but what does this have to do with having an EV exactly? Vampire drain on my Bolt EV was extremely low. It could sit for three weeks and not lose more than 1-2%, provided the weather wasn't at an extreme.
Also a 200 kWh battery is plenty large enough to power a full house for several days. Using it on a Camping trip would not really touch the battery powering small devices or other camping gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts