GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we go, Rivian will start trading tomorrow at a much higher level than was expected a week ago.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your thoughts on the short term future as fas as buying in?
I like Rivian but depending where the initial trading shakes out it could be more or less attractive. I got the 175 shares at $78 that Rivian set aside for reservation holders which is a very small position for me, I am just going to sit on it for a few days and see where things shake out before buying more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was going to go for the full 175 shares in the pre-IPO until they kept changing everything. I bought 100 shares at $78. Nice to see that it's up on the day and holding after hours. Who knows, maybe I will regret not buying more right off the bat. I plan to buy more as they increase production. I think they're a good long term investment. Amazon and other backers won't let them fail. The products are good, just have to get manufacturing up to speed.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to go for the full 175 shares in the pre-IPO until they kept changing everything. I bought 100 shares at $78. Nice to see that it's up on the day and holding after hours. Who knows, maybe I will regret not buying more right off the bat. I plan to buy more as they increase production. I think they're a good long term investment. Amazon and other backers won't let them fail. The products are good, just have to get manufacturing up to speed.
Ya, every person has a different threshold of pain for these high risk IPO... There will be dips to get more, no hurries IMO....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like Rivian but depending where the initial trading shakes out it could be more or less attractive. I got the 175 shares at $78 that Rivian set aside for reservation holders which is a very small position for me, I am just going to sit on it for a few days and see where things shake out before buying more.
Nice that as a reservation holder you could get in at the $78, which is a great buy! No doubt Rivian will double within a year (at least). They really need to focus on the strategy of manufacturing the orders and putting out a quality product which will be crucial in the months ahead. I had to get in for a quick ride at $106.75. to $118, before selling and the pull back. I am all about EV's, whether EvGo, the largest EV charging company or Rivian. They are all longer term and just think the influx of EV vehicles has not even begun. EvGo finally shot up on Monday due to the infrastructure bill, before pulling back. Hopefully stockholders sold as it nearly doubled. The goal is to pay for the Hummer EV-1 with all EV stock gains. EvGo will again be another looker at around $10 ~ $11. Tom ~ I will buy your $78 shares :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts