GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that was impressive. I still wouldn’t own the rivian but still very impressive
I would not buy the R1T either, but I am impressed by its engineering and capabilities. I will however buy the R1S, knowing its not the best looking, and is missing some tactile buttons I would prefer, it just has too much engineering value to ignore.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From what I read Rivian is making a very high quality product. They took time in actually making a good quality vehicle unlike tesla. It’s just hard for me to spend that much money on a start up EV car company. 5 years down the line and if they make a full size truck I could see owning one in the future.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I read Rivian is making a very high quality product. They took time in actually making a good quality vehicle unlike tesla. It’s just hard for me to spend that much money on a start up EV car company. 5 years down the line and if they make a full size truck I could see owning one in the future.
Fair point, but for me I feel buying the Hummer is a riskier decision with GM's track record on EV's. I mean GM keeps claiming this is new and better, but range and efficiency are terrible (charging slow), production slower than my slowest expectation, and knowing it was rushed to market, and testers already pointing out structural problems (noisy roofs), where as Rivian for the most part just gets glowing reviews, I think GM is getting beat again. Kyle Conner said he has beat the crap out of the Rivian for more than a week, and it just keeps impressing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts