GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Rivian is ramping faster than I expected, now well past all of GM in EV sales for 2022, 3x or so, and 5X GM's EV production in Q1, hopefully Gm can catch up in Q2. Rivian exited Q1 at a rate of over 300 per week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Rivian VIN is 25xx so I guess I was right there at the end of their quarter build. Tom, I know you mentioned Cars and bids in another string so I assume you are aware the first Rivian for auction was listed on cars and bids yesterday. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. Seems they are between $125k and $150k on the open market right now. I finally received notice from GM that my Edition1 is built last week but still waiting on confirmation of it shipping. Guess it takes some time from built to actual ship sometimes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My Rivian VIN is 25xx so I guess I was right there at the end of their quarter build. Tom, I know you mentioned Cars and bids in another string so I assume you are aware the first Rivian for auction was listed on cars and bids yesterday. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. Seems they are between $125k and $150k on the open market right now. I finally received notice from GM that my Edition1 is built last week but still waiting on confirmation of it shipping. Guess it takes some time from built to actual ship sometimes.
Key too is why they only delivered 50% of the built vehicles - are they just waiting on logistics, or are they 99.9% built? Software, etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine took a week to actually get delivered even after it arrived at the San Diego service center. My guess is there is a decent amount of fiddling they need to do between build and delivery whether that is software updates, mechanical fit and finish, etc. I really think they are finally delivering a bunch of trucks so now it's possible they are just backlogged on the delivery logistics. It did suck that they delayed everything for so long but my opinion is that it's better to delay and ship a good, finished product rather then ship on time or early and have something not really ready for customers. Even when we did the "first mile" test drive in December 2021and they couldn't even demonstrate the power tonneau because they were having issues with it that late in the game. Got the truck 3 months later and the tonneau works fine.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Key too is why they only delivered 50% of the built vehicles - are they just waiting on logistics, or are they 99.9% built? Software, etc?
Rivian built 1000 of the R1T's in the last 2.5 weeks of the quarter, they will deliver soon. Companies cannot call a car built unless it is "Factory Gated" which means ready for shipment or shipped per SEC and government rules. If they still have work to do, they are considered "work in process"

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine took a week to actually get delivered even after it arrived at the San Diego service center. My guess is there is a decent amount of fiddling they need to do between build and delivery whether that is software updates, mechanical fit and finish, etc. I really think they are finally delivering a bunch of trucks so now it's possible they are just backlogged on the delivery logistics. It did suck that they delayed everything for so long but my opinion is that it's better to delay and ship a good, finished product rather then ship on time or early and have something not really ready for customers. Even when we did the "first mile" test drive in December 2021and they couldn't even demonstrate the power tonneau because they were having issues with it that late in the game. Got the truck 3 months later and the tonneau works fine.
Rivian is doing it right for a startup. They are not perfect, but Kyle Connor beat the crap out of one for 8 days, and it held up well to the beating, Kyle commented he has beat on Tesla's too, but they start making noises, and lose goodness right away if you beat on them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah agree. I’ve had an R1T order for 3 years now I think. I opted for the max range 400+ pack and we got pushed to next year even. I’ll probably take it and sell it or just give it up since Hummer coming in first. Would love that 400+ range though (or a solid 300+ in real range at least).

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
934 Posts
Mine was 32XX and got it March 28th. I'm not impressed with their service response time to tackle the couple issues the truck has, but they also aren't things that stop me from driving it, so it probably figures into that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts