GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
436 Posts
So it appears that the Rivian charging curve and the Hummer charging curve both start tapering at around 55-60% SoC. I am guessing Kyle will suggest cutting the Hummer off at that point also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The bottleneck now is the grid, those sudden 350 kW loads are rough for grid managers
If you talk to grid workers, line guys, electricians and such the laugh at any sort of large scale electric vehicle adoption. There are so many infrastructure issues, from homes, development services, transmission lines and such. There are studies that show for example an existing 12 lot subdivision can support something like 4 electric vehicles. Decades and trillions of dollars needed to even come close. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I posted something to this affect a while back, it seems like the charging network (and the whole electrical grid) is going to get caught pants down as all the manufacturers hit the market with their EVs (each one trying to be the leader and knock Tesla off the throne).... Public charging from what I have read here (I do not own an EV yet) is hit or miss already, and when there are that many more vehicles hitting the road, we could be facing a BIG problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts