GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t seen many detailed reviews of the info system / center console much. This thing runs on Google Android Auto right? Google maps for nav? Does it autoroute with good 350kw chargers on a trip automatically like Teslas trip planning? Lots I was to see besides the goofy animations for modes etc.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Haven’t seen many detailed reviews of the info system / center console much. This thing runs on Google Android Auto right? Google maps for nav? Does it autoroute with good 350kw chargers on a trip automatically like Teslas trip planning? Lots I was to see besides the goofy animations for modes etc.
Navigation looks good, best view I have seen...

Computer Output device Audio equipment Gps navigation device Communication Device

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I briefly tested CarPlay (Wireless) in it earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised by how responsive it is! My only complaint is that I couldn't get it to go "full screen" so thats a little annoying, but not that bad given how large the screen is. Also saw that Hulu is built in, but obviously disables in motion... wonder if there will be a "workaround" for that in the future ;-)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice thanks. Yeah I have a ton of questions like can you use android auto apps, ie download the Apple Music app, etc or is it more google just for maps, chargers, and other few things.
Also, if you do a 750 mile trip, you you get a trip plan with charging stops?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
652 Posts
Nice thanks. Yeah I have a ton of questions like can you use android auto apps, ie download the Apple Music app, etc or is it more google just for maps, chargers, and other few things.
Also, if you do a 750 mile trip, you you get a trip plan with charging stops?
It's using the Android Automotive OS system, more apps will be developed for it. It has access to an app store. Have to see what will become available over time.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
503 Posts
It's not android auto, it's android automotive. Thanks Google, for such a confusing naming scheme.

Android auto will run wirelessly from your phone, but the maps implementation on the truck works a lot better.

It will sort of automatically route chargers, but if the route is too long, it will suggest that you need to add charging stops and will let you choose from them. It's not perfect but it works okay. What's missing is another map in the driver's display. You can get directions there, but the implementation in my Polestar 2 is amazing.

Overall the UI has a lot of slowness all over the place. Probably part of why you haven't seen a good review of it. People like me are hoping GM pushes an update to resolve those issues.

I apparently haven't taken many pictures of the map display yet.

Computer Personal computer Peripheral Output device Font

Computer Personal computer Map World Nature

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
It's not android auto, it's android automotive. Thanks Google, for such a confusing naming scheme.

Android auto will run wirelessly from your phone, but the maps implementation on the truck works a lot better.

It will sort of automatically route chargers, but if the route is too long, it will suggest that you need to add charging stops and will let you choose from them. It's not perfect but it works okay. What's missing is another map in the driver's display. You can get directions there, but the implementation in my Polestar 2 is amazing.

Overall the UI has a lot of slowness all over the place. Probably part of why you haven't seen a good review of it. People like me are hoping GM pushes an update to resolve those issues.

I apparently haven't taken many pictures of the map display yet.

View attachment 2085
View attachment 2084
Sharp pictures, that looks great

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wish it could pull the map up on the driver display like I can in my Escalade, that is my preferred map location and then I use the center screen to access entertainment. Not sure if that is something that can be pushed through in a future update or not, but I just like having that option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT question - can't find anywhere what the icon/button on the right side drive mode wheel selector does. Left seems to be crab walk, top suspension up, bottom suspension down, but what is that right icon/selection? A YouTube reviewer said "it will be important in future" but got me very curious with that. Don't see it in manual.

·
Registered
652 Posts
One more INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT question - can't find anywhere what the icon/button on the right side drive mode wheel selector does. Left seems to be crab walk, top suspension up, bottom suspension down, but what is that right icon/selection? A YouTube reviewer said "it will be important in future" but got me very curious with that. Don't see it in manual.
Right now when you press it, all it does is display an email address on the DIC. This is where you can send ideas to GM for things to be added via OTA. We are all speculating that this button will eventually be for extract mode.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
503 Posts
Right now when you press it, all it does is display an email address on the DIC. This is where you can send ideas to GM for things to be added via OTA. We are all speculating that this button will eventually be for extract mode.
The GMC rep at my delivery said it was going to be for extract mode. Of course, he could be wrong too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I’ve found the infotainment system to be a bit laggy. Also dropped my phone Bluetooth connection several times.
But honestly seems to be on par with other systems.
I've had bluetooth issues with many cars. Sometimes they won't be consistent unless you reboot your phone and remove/re-add the devices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts