GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank the persons who have shared information here about the reservation and their purchase experinces.

Anticipating (wishful thinking) that our 3X reservation may come to order in the next months I engaged our local dealer with what I could expect final pricing to be.

After repetitve questioning, the dealership responded they would charge $20k in excess of MRSP. That MRSP had changed since the reservation. When I expressed my dissatisfaction the dealership General Manager made communication to cancel our two reservations without our patent request. Additionaly the reservations are not in my name, but my wife who uses a different surname.

Speaking with GM to transfer the reservation was simple and accurate as others have posted. I made two new reservations with a different dealer who has provided assurances the reservation MRSP will not be exceeded. Then GM linked the old reservation to new reservation ID numbers. No loss in the line-up and no change in the recent MRSP increase. GM did confirm had the dealer canceled our reservations, then nothing would have been available to link new reservation. Effect, we would lose our place in line and pay the increased MRSP.

This dealer has always been there for me when I needed service or parts and I would anticipate the same moving forward. However the optics of the dealer attempting to cancel my wife's reservations without my or her request has poor optics at best as underhanded. It's such a pity the sales side and service side of the dealership operate polar opposite.

Thanks again group and forum posting members. Sharing information is never hurtful and I hope this experience helps others.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanted to thank the persons who have shared information here about the reservation and their purchase experinces.

Anticipating (wishful thinking) that our 3X reservation may come to order in the next months I engaged our local dealer with what I could expect final pricing to be.

After repetitve questioning, the dealership responded they would charge $20k in excess of MRSP. That MRSP had changed since the reservation. When I expressed my dissatisfaction the dealership General Manager made communication to cancel our two reservations without our patent request. Additionaly the reservations are not in my name, but my wife who uses a different surname.

Speaking with GM to transfer the reservation was simple and accurate as others have posted. I made two new reservations with a different dealer who has provided assurances the reservation MRSP will not be exceeded. Then GM linked the old reservation to new reservation ID numbers. No loss in the line-up and no change in the recent MRSP increase. GM did confirm had the dealer canceled our reservations, then nothing would have been available to link new reservation. Effect, we would lose our place in line and pay the increased MRSP.

This dealer has always been there for me when I needed service or parts and I would anticipate the same moving forward. However the optics of the dealer attempting to cancel my wife's reservations without my or her request has poor optics at best as underhanded. It's such a pity the sales side and service side of the dealership operate polar opposite.

Thanks again group and forum posting members. Sharing information is never hurtful and I hope this experience helps others.
I have a 3X reservation as well. You should share the dealership so that others can avoid this costly situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts