GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone dig deeper in this? The Bose sub is only a 5.25" in a custom box (according to Bose's website), it's sounds pretty good for only being a 5" but anyone looked into replacing with a 10" or even an 8"? Seems most of the bass is coming from the 6x9's in the doors to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am curious about this as well. System sounds great, but could always use more bass. I was thinking about a custom box (with a 10" maybe) belted into the middle, back seat (Maybe a moon themed grill cover???).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ditto same thought! I was also thinking of mounting a Sound Bar on the fix cover portion of the electric roll up bed cover. Or it would be cool to do speakers under the rear overhang like a wake surf/board boat. Not as big of course. Full of stupid thoughts and fantasies!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ran under seat subwoofers in 2 vehicles now and they put out impressive amount of bass for small packaging and ease of install. My last car had a JBL 8” under seat that I put under a hatch storage space and it would rattle my rear view mirror pretty good. One would probably fit under the rear seat pretty easy and would be a pretty big upgrade over stock without much effort. I would guess custom enclosures will eventually hit the aftermarket here soon as it’s probably very close to the Sierra back seat storage space dimensions

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am doing a full audio upgrade will have 4 JL 10s under seat, 8in in front doors with tweeter and 3in mid factory spots. Rear 6 1/2 and tweets and a 3in behind rear head in factory spot. So all speakers will be in factory locations with no new holes except the 410s under the rear seat. 3amps and about 3K watts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am doing a full audio upgrade will have 4 JL 10s under seat, 8in in front doors with tweeter and 3in mid factory spots. Rear 6 1/2 and tweets and a 3in behind rear head in factory spot. So all speakers will be in factory locations with no new holes except the 410s under the rear seat. 3amps and about 3K watts
Going with the JL Subs, nice. What brand speakers to replace the factory speakers? Also you adding the a digital sound processor?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Front Blam Signature Mulit
Tweeter TSM25mg 70HR
Mid MS3
Bass WS8

Rear Blam Signature
Doors S165.100 6in woofer and tweeter
Above head rear 3in FRS 3N50+

2 Helix P Six DSP Mk2 amps run all speakers except subs

Subs 4 10 JL W3s Helix amp 1K watts or more not sure yet

Going with the JL Subs, nice. What brand speakers to replace the factory speakers? Also you adding the a digital sound processor?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tweeter TSM25mg 70HR
Mid MS3
Bass WS8

Rear Blam Signature

Awesome.... be sure to post some pics of the sub enclosure under back seat, cant wait to see set up! With all that power that may take a few miles off :- )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tweeter TSM25mg 70HR
Mid MS3
Bass WS8

Rear Blam Signature

where are you ordering from? Should see if we can get a group buy, this is a fantastic setup.

·
Registered
96 Posts
From my audio shop that is doing install. He has a 3D scanner 48in long was told only 3 shops in usa that has this scanner. He will 3D scan and print the sub box for perfect fit. I am sure he will sell just the box after mine is done and do a group buy for that. Rest of it he gives me discount on but not alot of mark up on audio.

where are you ordering from? Should see if we can get a group buy, this is a fantastic setup.

·
Registered
235 Posts
From my audio shop that is doing install. He has a 3D scanner 48in long was told only 3 shops in usa that has this scanner. He will 3D scan and print the sub box for perfect fit. I am sure he will sell just the box after mine is done and do a group buy for that. Rest of it he gives me discount on but not alot of mark up on audio.
yup ~ def interest in the box as well ~ cant wait to see it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts