GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ... I know.. I know this going to open a can of worms because everyone has different opinions and different places in life. I picked up my edition 1 earlier this week and struggling with not feeling guilty on keeping it.
I've said for the past few years there were 2 vehicles I would buy new if they ever came out and that was new viper and a new hummer. When I reserved the hummer I had no intention on selling it as no one would have known the market of what it is now and the price they command 200k plus.
Seeing the prices they have brought for the past few months eventually convinced I was going to sell mine immediately. I've seen the pics inside and out and grew tired of waiting for over a year and a half. I went Friday to pick mine up and all the way until the one second before I opened the door to the dealership, I was 99 percent sure I was going to sell it..
Seeing it in person for some reason is totally different than looking at pics and videos. It's absolutely amazing! I love the truck and I have had some unique and cool rides but I find myself at a point where everything else is the same and the hummer seems to be the only thing I want. We make decent money own several businesses but the same "hustle" spirit that makes me business minded conflicts with the emotional side that absolutely loves the truck and wants to keep and enjoy it. With all that being said is there away to come out ahead financially but not waiting another year for another chance to buy a hummer at a decent price .
I reserved a ev3 back December of last year but I feel that maybe 18 to 24 months away as well.
Really looking for reasons to justify keeping it guys. Just hard when business and hustle mentality that has been built in makes you feel guilty for keeping it. Don't feel like I'm alone on this. ??

·
Registered
116 Posts
I honestly ordered it with 0 intentions of selling it, but if it gets here and the market is still somewhat similar to the current climate, I feel like it wouldn't be fiscally responsible to keep it. I still have a H2, and I love most everything about it. I want to keep this thing as my third vehicle, but its just super outlandish for that. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I honestly ordered it with 0 intentions of selling it, but if it gets here and the market is still somewhat similar to the current climate, I feel like it wouldn't be fiscally responsible to keep it. I still have a H2, and I love most everything about it. I want to keep this thing as my third vehicle, but its just super outlandish for that. LOL
Have you seen it in person yet? I was convinced the same until I finally saw it in person.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you seen it in person yet? I was convinced the same until I finally saw it in person.
I have. I was at the dealership when the owner of FedEx's came in. My only REAL concern with it, is does it have the same SHixxy seats as the other GM products. I hate my wife's tahoes seats.... its the same reason my dad traded his 2500HD back for another F250

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have. I was at the dealership when the owner of FedEx's came in. My only REAL concern with it, is does it have the same SHixxy seats as the other GM products. I hate my wife's tahoes seats.... its the same reason my dad traded his 2500HD back for another F250
They aren't plush and soft like the Ford but they aren't as hard and stiff like all the gm trucks and suvs. Gm always seemed to have a hard and almost waxy texture and stiff feel. These aren't exactly like that. Hope you gets your soon.

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
207 Posts
I just picked mine up today after delays in microchips, shipping, etc. As I walked into the dealership this morning, I had no intent of selling (plus I signed the form stating I would not sell in the next 12 months).

As the black draping was removed, I was in awe of how beautiful it is in person (I opted for all tech bronze accents)…. more than the hundreds of pics and videos I saw in the past two years. In fact, I went straight to the detailing shop for PPF treatment and am missing it already.

The point of working hard and the hustle is to enjoy these nicer things in life, whether material or experience-based in nature. This will be my family hauler and daily driver, and I intend to create memories and share experiences with my wife and children. If you do not need the immediate income, enjoy this super truck of the future… you have earned it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just picked mine up today after delays in microchips, shipping, etc. As I walked into the dealership this morning, I had no intent of selling (plus I signed the form stating I would not sell in the next 12 months).

As the black draping was removed, I was in awe of how beautiful it is in person (I opted for all tech bronze accents)…. more than the hundreds of pics and videos I saw in the past two years. In fact, I went straight to the detailing shop for PPF treatment and am missing it already.

The point of working hard and the hustle is to enjoy these nicer things in life, whether material or experience-based in nature. This will be my family hauler and daily driver, and I intend to create memories and share experiences with my wife and children. If you do not need the immediate income, enjoy this super truck of the future… you have earned it!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Had the same reaction when they revealed mine.
Curious was yours a 23 model ? I was wondering if the sell agreement was signed only for 23 models per the note from gm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts