GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have our first Hummer EV Edition 1 here for service and this is the first time I have seen one in person. I hadn't really gone through a line by line dimensions comparison in awhile, but I was shocked how small the 2nd row is. Pulling up the 2022 Sierra specs the Sierra has 4.5 inches more rear leg room than the Hummer does. The Sierra also has about 1.5 inches more headroom than the Hummer. From pictures it always seemed bigger than anything next to it. Any of you who have one has this been an issue?

** It is much bigger than my Bolt. Lol.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
We have our first Hummer EV Edition 1 here for service and this is the first time I have seen one in person. I hadn't really gone through a line by line dimensions comparison in awhile, but I was shocked how small the 2nd row is. Pulling up the 2022 Sierra specs the Sierra has 4.5 inches more rear leg room than the Hummer does. The Sierra also has about 1.5 inches more headroom than the Hummer. From pictures it always seemed bigger than anything next to it. Any of you who have one has this been an issue?

** It is much bigger than my Bolt. Lol. View attachment 3190
Yes, cab is shorter than Sierra crew cab, much shorter. Silverado E squeezes the rear seat back to make this better but still much smaller than current crew cabs which are cavernous.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, cab is shorter than Sierra crew cab, much shorter. Silverado E squeezes the rear seat back to make this better but still much smaller than current crew cabs which are cavernous.
You are correct. Cavernous is a great adjective for it. I guess reading about it and seeing it was two different perspectives.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I’ve definitely noticed the lack of space input three kids across and usually toss a dog back there. In my Ram there was ample space but it is tight in the HEV, also kids are able to kick the back of the seats which is different.

I wish things were different, with the excellent maneuvering they could have made it another 5 inchs long and you would not have noticed a difference driving wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts