GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Random Issues with Super Cruise on Same Roads?

4488 Views 53 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Littleshopofguitars
Lately I’ve been encountering issues with Super Cruise sometimes not working at same place on the same tollways and freeways where it was working fine before even in perfect weather. Messages range from “Super Cruise Not Available” to “No Road Information”. Anyone else having these issues? Hummer EV Concierge recommended taking it in to dealer for diagnosis.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Not working for me I-75 North between 91 and 106. About a month now
Every time I try to report it to OnStar they transfer me to EV concierge, back to GM, and the second repeats. Nobody has a damn clue about who to report any issues to or why they are occurring. GM needs to seriously work on this
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
Hello Neighbor!
Every time I try to report it to OnStar they transfer me to EV concierge, back to GM, and the second repeats. Nobody has a damn clue about who to report any issues to or why they are occurring. GM needs to seriously work on this
Because you never talk to level 2... you let level 1 keep transferring you.
Dealer had to fix my Super Cruise. Maybe take yours in for analysis?
You have to take it to a dealer trained to diagnose Super Cruise issues and insist they troubleshoot. Concierge and OnStar won't help.
Dealer had to fix my Super Cruise. Maybe take yours in for analysis?

You have to take it to a dealer trained to diagnose Super Cruise issues and insist they troubleshoot. Concierge and OnStar won't help.
This is good advice. I probably need to do this as well. How do you know if a dealer is trained to diagnose and troubleshoot super cruise?
This is good advice. I probably need to do this as well. How do you know if a dealer is trained to diagnose and troubleshoot super cruise?
They are working on it, and when I write my service report, you will get more insight into the issue, and solution.
Reactions: 3
They are working on it, and when I write my service report, you will get more insight into the issue, and solution.
Awesome. So it sounds like just wait for the solution?
I’m having the same issue… driving from MD to Florida right now, and havnt been able to enable super cruise for the 400+ miles I’ve driven so far. Tried onStar and ended up in an endless loop of transfers till I finally told them never mind.
Was really looking forward to using super cruise on this road trip!
I’m having the same issue… driving from MD to Florida right now, and havnt been able to enable super cruise for the 400+ miles I’ve driven so far. Tried onStar and ended up in an endless loop of transfers till I finally told them never mind.
Was really looking forward to using super cruise on this road trip!
It may have nothing to do with it working well but I seem to notice that downloading offline maps for areas I frequent make it work more consistently. Again, it could totally be random and not related but it could be worth a shot to download offline maps for your trip to see if you get better performance.
It may have nothing to do with it working well but I seem to notice that downloading offline maps for areas I frequent make it work more consistently. Again, it could totally be random and not related but it could be worth a shot to download offline maps for your trip to see if you get better performance.
thanks, i tried the offline maps and that still didn’t enable super cruise.
I did recently get my hummer serviced for the recall, and they also had to replace the cluster behind the steering wheel cause it was flickering. I wonder if something wasn’t reconnected or has to be reprogrammed after the service.
I don’t even see the steering wheel indicator that lets u know when ur on a supported road…
How is this all coming? I still have issues with super cruise where it works one day and doesn't work the next.
  • Sad
How is this all coming? I still have issues with super cruise where it works one day and doesn't work the next.
I would start with a call to OnStar with the blue button to report the problem. Could be map updates setting the area to construction, but I have not seen this issue recently. The maps for super cruise are not coming from google maps in the truck.
Doesn’t appear to be specific to Hummer. I have the same issue with SuperCruise on my 21 Escalade.
This is so frustrating. I am still having my issues with the super cruise being so unreliable, even on the same roads. When my battery was being replaced for the recall, they looked at this and said they did what they could to fix it and if it didn't work they would have to order a new super cruise module. I am thinking even if they replace the super cruise module, I'll be back to the same issue. How can they not get this to work correctly?
While super cruise is cool as hell, I get too nervous using it, what happens when the jerk next to you drifts out of his lane, or while going around a turn it decides not to function properly! Super cruise adds stress to driving!
I had it on the other day while driving on the parkway and my wife and I jumped in the back seat for a quickie, and after a few minutes the truck was saying take control, I couldn’t get to the front seat fast enough and the truck came to a stop on the parkway! What’s up with that, super cruise sucks!
FYI: that was a joke 🤣😂
Seriously super cruise scares the crap out of me!
I have a 2021 Escalade with SuperCruise. It can be glitchy, work on road some roads some days and not another. I have made several cross country trips on interstates and for the most part has worked like a charm. Great for fighting the mundane fatigue. Last August I was towing my sons car across the country for college and wanted to use the SC with towing. Had heard about it coming out, but I was about 9 months too early. It was the first trip I had made in awhile without SC and I don’t want to go back. I did get my email within the last month where GM wants me to pay an additional $700 to turn this feature on. Because of the glitchy execution and lack of decent OnStar support they should this decision. My plan was to upgrade the Escalade once Ultra Cruise rolled out, but only if GM gets it together with these new features.
See less See more
I have a 2021 Escalade with SuperCruise. It can be glitchy, work on road some roads some days and not another. I have made several cross country trips on interstates and for the most part has worked like a charm. Great for fighting the mundane fatigue. Last August I was towing my sons car across the country for college and wanted to use the SC with towing. Had heard about it coming out, but I was about 9 months too early. It was the first trip I had made in awhile without SC and I don’t want to go back. I did get my email within the last month where GM wants me to pay an additional $700 to turn this feature on. Because of the glitchy execution and lack of decent OnStar support they should this decision. My plan was to upgrade the Escalade once Ultra Cruise rolled out, but only if GM gets it together with these new features.
You can't upgrade to Ultra Cruise unless you buy a whole new Truck.... It will require additional hardware.
Yes @Nebula1701 when I say upgrade I mean purchase a newer model Escalade with the UltraCruise. The new system isn’t going to be backwards compatible. I was hoping they would roll it out on the Hummer EV’s
Well, the dealer is going to replace my super cruise module when they are addressing other recall items. Does anyone know if this will actually fix the issue? It's so frustrating that there is no rhyme or reason what makes it work or not.
Well, the dealer is going to replace my super cruise module when they are addressing other recall items. Does anyone know if this will actually fix the issue? It's so frustrating that there is no rhyme or reason what makes it work or not.
You may have a bad Map Module. When the replace the module make sure the also update all the components to the latest firmware.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts