GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By this time, every YouTuber has done a review on the SUT with most only having it for a few days at best. They are professional reviewers and have multiple vehicles at one time and rotate frequently. I am sure those that are waiting are sick of seeing the same features get discussed over and over again with still over a year to wait for their vehicles.

As one of those fortunate enough to already have their vehicle, I occasionally watch parts of reviews and scoff at user errors caused from lack of real vehicle experience. I would like to offer to answer any questions from those seeking information beyond the generic reviews. I encourage other owners that use their Hummers as daily drivers to participate also.

So, if you have a question about something you saw in a video you want more info on, or if you need something measured, or close up photo taken, reply to this thread and owners can chime in with accurate responses to your specific requests..

· Registered
468 Posts
I am curious about how good the headlights are when driving at night on dark roads. My wife has a Mercedes GLS450 with the optional upgraded headlights (they self adjust each time the vehicle starts ect) and they are Fantastic. It is amazing how well they work compared to the 2 pickup trucks that I drive. I was hoping for fancier headlights on this truck as well, but I do not think that GM put their efforts into them.. I would like to hear from those that have theirs, because I haven't heard anything about them in any reviews.

· Registered
306 Posts
My wife also has a Mercedes with the automatic headlights, they are great!
As far as the Hummer, I don’t feel like I’m missing something with the headlights!
I feel the headlights are adequate, nothing over the top. They don’t leave you wanting more, the brights are bright and light up the road well.
They do seem lower then your average pickup truck, which is better for the oncoming traffic!

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
I am curious about how good the headlights are when driving at night on dark roads. My wife has a Mercedes GLS450 with the optional upgraded headlights (they self adjust each time the vehicle starts ect) and they are Fantastic. It is amazing how well they work compared to the 2 pickup trucks that I drive. I was hoping for fancier headlights on this truck as well, but I do not think that GM put their efforts into them.. I would like to hear from those that have theirs, because I haven't heard anything about them in any reviews.
They were totally adequate. Never felt like I was missing something. From an oncoming driver standpoint, since I saw them pretty often, the height of the actual headlight is good and they didn't cause a lot of extra glare like some other new vehicles do coughJeep.

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In addition to what others have said, the automatic high beams are a lot more sensitive to other lights than other vehicles I have driven with auto high beams. The Hummer seems to turn off high beams at the mere suggestion of another light facing the truck. It could be a house light or streetlight. Other cars I have driven seem to be able to distinguish headlights from some other light sources and react a little more appropriately.

· Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone else's windshield wipers move when you first turn on the vehicle? I leave mine in the auto setting and sometimes when I start it the far left wiper blade moves up about an inch. Not really a big deal but drives me crazy because they are no longer symmetrical. Also the AC fan speed control is cheap as hell.

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone else's windshield wipers move when you first turn on the vehicle? I leave mine in the auto setting and sometimes when I start it the far left wiper blade moves up about an inch. Not really a big deal but drives me crazy because they are no longer symmetrical. Also the AC fan speed control is cheap as hell.
My blades move a bit on start up, very rarely. I chalk it up to the sensor being wet as I have noticed it is usually after a rain. I haven’t noticed the a/c speed control being cheap, but I almost always leave my control on auto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts