GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm happy to have what we do have. I did also order one. I went with the white frost tricoat, black interior and 22s in the RWD configuration. To me I want the camera mirror and extended range vs having AWD.
Nice, congratulations, where you live RWD is fine, where I live it could be a problem at times. Any guess on the number of orders they took? I saw on the Lyriq forum guys guessing 10K, but I think the number was way bigger then that. I would guess 25-50K, Hopefully GM will say something before the next earnings call.

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
Nice, congratulations, where you live RWD is fine, where I live it could be a problem at times. Any guess on the number of orders they took? I saw on the Lyriq forum guys guessing 10K, but I think the number was way bigger then that. I would guess 25-50K, Hopefully GM will say something before the next earnings call.
Thank you. I'm excited to get it. I still have my Hummer reservation because who knows what could happen and need to keep my options open. We were on a call and they said it was between 16,000 to 18,000 Lyriqs was the number between the two versions.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I'm excited to get it. I still have my Hummer reservation because who knows what could happen and need to keep my options open. We were on a call and they said it was between 16,000 to 18,000 Lyriqs was the number between the two versions.
Interesting, that number seems lower then I would have expected

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Must mean they are trying to keep Cadillac somewhat exclusive. I'm expecting at least double that for the equinox
I am just doing math, GM says they will sell 75k+ EV in 2022, 50K of which will be Bolt, where do the other 25K plus come from? GM says they will sell 300K in 2023, you do the math?

Maybe they took conservative number of reservations in case ramping is slower than expected, or its also possible they will switch to 2024 model year early next year. Maybe align with 2024 Blazer and 2024 Equinox debut which will start production in March and June.

By my math I think they plan to sell at least 10K Hummers and 10K Lyriq's this year to get close to those numbers ? Next Year I have no idea how they get to 300K, the math just does not work 80k Bolt, 50K Lyriq, 50K Hummer-SilveradoE-SierraE, 50K Blazer / Equinox is still way short, what am I missing?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,593 Posts
I am just doing math, GM says they will sell 75k+ EV in 2022, 50K of which will be Bolt, where do the other 25K plus come from? GM says they will sell 300K in 2023, you do the math?

Maybe they took conservative number of reservations in case ramping is slower than expected, or its also possible they will switch to 2024 model year early next year. Maybe align with 2024 Blazer and 2024 Equinox debut which will start production in March and June.

By my math I think they plan to sell at least 10K Hummers and 10K Lyriq's this year to get close to those numbers ? Next Year I have no idea how they get to 300K, the math just does not work 80k Bolt, 50K Lyriq, 50K Hummer-SilveradoE-SierraE, 50K Blazer / Equinox is still way short, what am I missing?
The Bright Drop Vans.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think there is an "unannounced" Cadillac that will slot below the lyriq. I'd guess they don't want to sabotage lyriq orders so are waiting to announce it.
Yes, you are right, the C-SUV Cadillac will start production in mid 2024 from Ramos Azipe MX, it will ramp up after Honda Prologue. So that plant will have Blazer, Equinox, Prologue, and the C-SUV Cadillac. Capacity of about 250K for all 4.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think there is an "unannounced" Cadillac that will slot below the lyriq. I'd guess they don't want to sabotage lyriq orders so are waiting to announce it.
from a Detroit Free Press article today...
Cadillac leaders said they expected to convert about 10% of those hand-raisers to purchase orders. And, earlier this year, GM told suppliers to prepare to produce 25,000 Lyriqs this year. The Lyriq is the cornerstone for Cadillac as it is the first of GM's brands to go all-electric by 2030.

Sounds like GM plans to do more then 16K

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,593 Posts
from a Detroit Free Press article today...
Cadillac leaders said they expected to convert about 10% of those hand-raisers to purchase orders. And, earlier this year, GM told suppliers to prepare to produce 25,000 Lyriqs this year. The Lyriq is the cornerstone for Cadillac as it is the first of GM's brands to go all-electric by 2030.

Sounds like GM plans to do more then 16K
Do we know how many of the Debut Editions will actually be built?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.