GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
According to the Free Press, the Hummer EV has officially started preproduction:

Great to hear, and I think GM finally gets it on EV's, they are going to announce another new factory for BT1 vehicles (in addition to Factory Zero) soon, I would guess this factory will be in the South (OK or TX but possibly MEX), and have another battery factory announcement nearby. I expect we will hear about this before the end of the year.

This EV shift is going to happen faster than anyone (outside of Elon Musk circles) predicted just a year ago.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I remember reading an article that said something similar but it stated that they received orders over 10k" but that also included people on the ev3 order that was on the wait list... so possibly less orders than that for the edition one. This is old information from a few months ago so I don't know if gm has released any more accurate information regarding the actual number of edition ones that are planned for production.
Remember Edition 1 represents a year of production, as that is all GM is building at Factory Zero until next fall. 10K is likely close to the number of Edition 1 reservations, and GMC was rumored to have told dealers before the SUV was revealed that they had 80K total at that time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.