GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Great to hear, and I think GM finally gets it on EV's, they are going to announce another new factory for BT1 vehicles (in addition to Factory Zero) soon, I would guess this factory will be in the South (OK or TX but possibly MEX), and have another battery factory announcement nearby. I expect we will hear about this before the end of the year.

This EV shift is going to happen faster than anyone (outside of Elon Musk circles) predicted just a year ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could the article be referring to only Edition One orders?
I remember reading an article that said something similar but it stated that they received orders over 10k" but that also included people on the ev3 order that was on the wait list... so possibly less orders than that for the edition one. This is old information from a few months ago so I don't know if gm has released any more accurate information regarding the actual number of edition ones that are planned for production.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I remember reading an article that said something similar but it stated that they received orders over 10k" but that also included people on the ev3 order that was on the wait list... so possibly less orders than that for the edition one. This is old information from a few months ago so I don't know if gm has released any more accurate information regarding the actual number of edition ones that are planned for production.
Remember Edition 1 represents a year of production, as that is all GM is building at Factory Zero until next fall. 10K is likely close to the number of Edition 1 reservations, and GMC was rumored to have told dealers before the SUV was revealed that they had 80K total at that time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Out of curiosity what do we think production will be like with the edition 1s versus say the c8 corvette ? What is the differences that will affect the demand and resale value of the first year edition 1s vs how the c8 corvette demand and market is? I'm sorry I'm bored with no news or updates lately guys😒

·
Registered
163 Posts
My guess…not as good. There are multiple other electric trucks hitting the market for the same or less money. Yes, the hummer is more off road capable, but to most people it’s a truck.
The C8 on the other hand is the only mid engine car for under $100k and corvette is a much more iconic vehicle with a bigger following than hummer

·
Registered
24 Posts
My guess…not as good. There are multiple other electric trucks hitting the market for the same or less money. Yes, the hummer is more off road capable, but to most people it’s a truck.
The C8 on the other hand is the only mid engine car for under $100k and corvette is a much more iconic vehicle with a bigger following than hummer
H.mm interesting. You are probably right a lot of people may look at it that way.I dunno. I think it's amazing what gm has done. For the vette and can see the demand for them especially on price. I was just guessing the hummer would be valued as a sought after prize. Especially since the brand has not been around for a decade. I don't have much to back this up other than comparing to some other launch and limited edition vehicles but the first year hummer production would be 3500 or less to the open market wildly guessing . That I think would make the edition 1 a very rare item and something different. The hummer seems to have more of a prestige than the vette imo. Not trying to knock it or hate on it. Actually looking into if it's possible to get on the list for the z06 soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Another thing about the hummer is if people are patient they can get a Hummer for $10-30k less. GM was clear the C8 would only be $59,995 for the first year and then it would go up. And again, it is the only mid engine at that price. Just my guess…a $112k truck isn’t going to be as in demand as a $60k corvette. The pool of buyers is much smaller at that price point

1 - 11 of 11 Posts