GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made a few observations on the Hummer that could use the 12V battery to die, first of all, have to remember to hit the start/stop every time when you exit, or the Hummer stays on. In our Audi it shuts itself off after a few seconds if you leave the front seat.

Second, if you keep your key FOB too close to the truck, it will initialize from time to time, draining the battery. I noticed this as we set our keys just inside the house on the counter. Last night I went out to the garage 2 or 3 times without the keys, but each time I opened the door to the garage the truck initialized, and ran through the lighting sequence, even though the FOB did not move from the counter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good observations, I picked up one of those small jumpers just in case.

Do we know what the outlets in the the truck and bed run off of, I suspect they are inverted from the 12v.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
I have made a few observations on the Hummer that could use the 12V battery to die, first of all, have to remember to hit the start/stop every time when you exit, or the Hummer stays on. In our Audi it shuts itself off after a few seconds if you leave the front seat.

Second, if you keep your key FOB too close to the truck, it will initialize from time to time, draining the battery. I noticed this as we set our keys just inside the house on the counter. Last night I went out to the garage 2 or 3 times without the keys, but each time I opened the door to the garage the truck initialized, and ran through the lighting sequence, even though the FOB did not move from the counter.
If you leave the Hummer on and close the door it will honk at you. Also like my Volt it has a 60 minute timer. If the Vehicle is parked and on for 60 minutes it will turn off.

Interesting observation about the FOB. It probably does the initializing sequence when it notices a increase in signal strength. So every time you open the door the car sees the FOB and initializes.

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
108 Posts
If you leave the Hummer on and close the door it will honk at you. Also like my Volt it has a 60 minute timer. If the Vehicle is parked and on for 60 minutes it will turn off.

Interesting observation about the FOB. It probably does the initializing sequence when it notices a increase in signal strength. So every time you open the door the car sees the FOB and initializes.
When the car sees the fob it unlocks the drivers door automatically. That’s how my corvette works. But you have to be at least a few feet from the door with the fob in your pocket.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
When the car sees the fob it unlocks the drivers door automatically. That’s how my corvette works. But you have to be at least a few feet from the door with the fob in your pocket.
I know how the FOB works, I'm saying the change in signal strength(opening door of house) makes the Hummer think the FOB is approaching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts