GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Was the environment your main reason for buying a Hummer EV?

• Yes

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 92.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Polestar took a survey of 5,086 American drivers in January and found that 55% of their respondents bought an EV "for reasons other than environmental benefits"

Would so say the environmental impact of owning an EV was the main reason for getting your Hummer? Or was it another reason?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I didn’t buy it for the environment otherwise it would not have been my first EV, just thinking logically. Once I have it I can’t help but look at all the ICE cars pouring toxic fumes into the air and wonder how I ever accepted that as normal. Actually just read an article that this change of mind was common for new EV owners.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
I didn’t buy it for the environment otherwise it would not have been my first EV, just thinking logically. Once I have it I can’t help but look at all the ICE cars pouring toxic fumes into the air and wonder how I ever accepted that as normal. Actually just read an article that this change of mind was common for new EV owners.
There is also the fact with EVs you are hearing the world around you especially when you travel off-road. It connects you better. Also lets you hear your tires easier so you know what they are doing in sporty or off-roading situations LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just want to know who voted yes.. lol
LOL. I'll own it. it was MEEE.

I drive quite a bit for my business. I just cracked 40k miles on my truck I bought brand new in August of 2020 with 11 miles on it. I need a truck because I'm regularly going into the back country and onto rough jobsites that would beat up anything that doesn't have high clearance.

It was my mistake to buy a tacoma, I wanted the manual transmission, but quickly realized I wanted more power and better fuel economy. I was looking at the power end and almost traded for a raptor and was considering a TRX, but the wife was like "you complain enough about gas already, why would you get something worse??" and that's when I started taking a heavier look into Rivian and the Hummer. Put my reservation in June, 2021 and cannot freakin' wait to get it.

We source 100% of our power from a local solar co-op, too, so it will actually be fairly "green" to drive, all things considered... LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts