GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like my passenger side door mirror should tilt further in towards the car, I have to lean over towards the center arm console in order to see the side view of the truck. Is this normal? I feel like it does not tilt in far enough.

The driver side seems entirely normal.

Does anyone else feel this way?

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,684 Posts
I feel like my passenger side door mirror should tilt further in towards the car, I have to lean over towards the center arm console in order to see the side view of the truck. Is this normal? I feel like it does not tilt in far enough.

The driver side seems entirely normal.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Did you get the Lighting Package? If so, they may not have properly routed the wires behind the mirror and it is preventing the mirror from moving properly.

The Mirror needs to be popped open and the wires pushed back or through the mounting hole.

This has become a common question, you can find a few other threads about this here.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled off the mirror and the wires from the lighting package are not interfering with how the mirror tilts in.

Do I have to take off something other than just the mirror to see whats causing this issue?

I took it to the dealership and they forgot to look at the issue among other things...

· Registered
12 Posts
Mine definitely moves all around…But the passenger side mirror, even when fully articulated, never covers enough blind area. I spent a lot of time adjusting and readjusting and never found a safe angle. I finally switched my center rear view mirror to “camera” and adjusted the wide angle to see a vehicle right up until it appears in that narrow throw of the passenger side mirror. And though it has a blindspot light, that too is incredibly hard to see for some reason.

I’ve been looking for aesthetically pleasing shaped parabolic mirrors to stick on the lower third.

Tesla and apparently Ionic have great “live” views, as do most RVs. Fixing this with all the cameras and screen availability would be the slickest.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,210 Posts
But the passenger side mirror, even when fully articulated, never covers enough blind area
I think GM chose not to put a convex mirror on the Hummer because you don't want them for off-roading. But it was a dumb decision since the truck has so many cameras available for off-road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts