GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering how GM has allocated the hummer EV. I’m currently on the lyriq preorder list (not the debut edition, but rather the may18/19 preorder for model year 2023) and we haven’t been getting any concrete info from GM. I was under the impression that a successful pre order resulted in a car built being built for you, but the consensus seems to be that dealers will receive a certain allocation for lyriqs and if your dealer happens to have more pre orders than allocations, you may be left out, despite securing a preorder and having the dealership successfully place an order (status 1100).
Is there this allocation scheme? Or is GM simply fulfilling orders based on when it was placed and delivering to the dealer the customer specifies. Furthermore, there is clearly a huge backlog if they are only producing 12 hummers per day. Has GM provided any guidance on what will happen to orders that will be significantly delayed due to production capacity? Is your msrp locked in?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think we have a couple people that work at dealers here so should get a good answer.

As for the Hummer, we all made our reservations, and we have then been contact to verify them, and the dealer then places the order that gets associated with that reservation - and that gets build, and shipped to that particular dealer. No extra really (leaving out some demo units they should get of Edition 1 also though).

Seems GM hasn't always produced 12 a day even as that would be way over what they've made/delivered. They have only delivered 272 total even in 7 months... but that should change now that the factory is being upgraded (shut down for 4 weeks) and the Lordstown Ultium factory is also to launch production at scale in August+. Those combined will really kick things off and it seems according to GM still they are on-target for the most part with their planned dates within a stated year/quarter. Orders delayed due to production capacity would just be delayed. From what we have seen also with them raising the Hummer price a couple weeks ago was that you will pay the MSRP stated when you made your reservation - i.e. a Hummer 3x reservation reserved on 6/17 would be like $7K cheaper than one reserved on 6/18 when increased.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we have a couple people that work at dealers here so should get a good answer.

As for the Hummer, we all made our reservations, and we have then been contact to verify them, and the dealer then places the order that gets associated with that reservation - and that gets build, and shipped to that particular dealer. No extra really (leaving out some demo units they should get of Edition 1 also though).

Seems GM hasn't always produced 12 a day even as that would be way over what they've made/delivered. They have only delivered 272 total even in 7 months... but that should change now that the factory is being upgraded (shut down for 4 weeks) and the Lordstown Ultium factory is also to launch production at scale in August+. Those combined will really kick things off and it seems according to GM still they are on-target for the most part with their planned dates within a stated year/quarter. Orders delayed due to production capacity would just be delayed. From what we have seen also with them raising the Hummer price a couple weeks ago was that you will pay the MSRP stated when you made your reservation - i.e. a Hummer 3x reservation reserved on 6/17 would be like $7K cheaper than one reserved on 6/18 when increased.
We’ve been told by cadillac dealers that we would get more info about allocations in august. I wonder if that purposefully coincides with the lordstown plant coming online.
Anyway, it would be nice to at least get a rough estimate or even guidance that a delay is likely to happen. It’s been all crickets so far.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
We’ve been told by cadillac dealers that we would get more info about allocations in august. I wonder if that purposefully coincides with the lordstown plant coming online.
Anyway, it would be nice to at least get a rough estimate or even guidance that a delay is likely to happen. It’s been all crickets so far.
Lyriq is different than Hummer, MSRP is locked in if your reservation is accepted. On LYRIQ, it seems GM is still organizing production, and setting schedules. If somebody gets bumped from 2023, to 2024 model years, they should consider themselves lucky, the 2024 will have numerous upgrades, and likely delivery only a couple months different in wait time. Cadillac has not released information on the 2024 yet, because they do not want Osborne the 2023's which they need to sell.

Trying to figure out the exact delivery order or schedule is a fools errand, don't worry about it, if you have a reservation in, relax and enjoy your life, your dealer will notify you when the actual order goes into production.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lyriq is different than Hummer, MSRP is locked in if your reservation is accepted. On LYRIQ, it seems GM is still organizing production, and setting schedules. If somebody gets bumped from 2023, to 2024 model years, they should consider themselves lucky, the 2024 will have numerous upgrades, and likely delivery only a couple months different in wait time. Cadillac has not released information on the 2024 yet, because they do not want Osborne the 2023's which they need to sell.

Trying to figure out the exact delivery order or schedule is a fools errand, don't worry about it, if you have a reservation in, relax and enjoy your life, your dealer will notify you when the actual order goes into production.
I hope that there will be improvements on the 2024, however I worry that the base model, luxury variant will have certain features removed. The msrp of the rwd was 62.9k for the 2023 model year pre-orders. The website now says “around 60k” for this seem version but in the 2024 model year. I just don’t see them dropping the price on a similarly equipped car, especially in this economic climate.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I hope that there will be improvements on the 2024, however I worry that the base model, luxury variant will have certain features removed. The msrp of the rwd was 62.9k for the 2023 model year pre-orders. The website now says “around 60k” for this seem version but in the 2024 model year. I just don’t see them dropping the price on a similarly equipped car, especially in this economic climate.
Ya, the 2024 will be more expensive for those that did not get in on 5-19, but its going to be a better car. Not just in features.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Lccjblu. Given the price adjustments GM made to the Hummer and what other car companies like Rivian and Lucid have made with their EVs I think the same is going to happen with the Lyriq.

Is this going to be your first EV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum @Lccjblu. Given the price adjustments GM made to the Hummer and what other car companies like Rivian and Lucid have made with their EVs I think the same is going to happen with the Lyriq.

Is this going to be your first EV?
Thanks! Not going to be my first EV. We have a tesla model Y. We like it a lot, but the ride quality and interior leaves a lot to be desired. The power train, fun factor, and simplicity of charging have been refreshing. I’m planning to phase out my other ICE vehicle as I commute nearly 15k miles a year. The price savings on gas alone will be significant for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks! Not going to be my first EV. We have a tesla model Y. We like it a lot, but the ride quality and interior leaves a lot to be desired. The power train, fun factor, and simplicity of charging have been refreshing. I’m planning to phase out my other ICE vehicle as I commute nearly 15k miles a year. The price savings on gas alone will be significant for me.
nice. Yeah lots of us also have had or have Teslas. Same reasons, quality being the most, that we consider other options. I’ve had 2 S, 1 X, and 1 3. Great fun cars but between quality, software bugs, etc… Ug.

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice. Yeah lots of us also have had or have Teslas. Same reasons, quality being the most, that we consider other options. I’ve had 2 S, 1 X, and 1 3. Great fun cars but between quality, software bugs, etc… Ug.
I received my reservation built on Jun 22 2022, today (7/07/2022 the dealer ( Nyle Mavwell GMC ) sent me the Vin # the paper list the total options 0.00 so I am paying 110,295.00 + tax T & L so now how much longer for delivery ?
Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts