GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Let's welcome our new members!
Please take a moment to introduce yourself. :)
Thanks everyone
Owned the H3 years ago which was a big hunk of crap that I loved way to dearly!!! I always dreamed Of an new hummer and almost what myself when I saw the EV coming. Reserved my 3x model but really hoping I can get the first edition!

So excited for this HEV i can’t think of a single feature for this truck that it doesn’t come with! … well fingers crossed for the removable doors

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Thanks everyone
Owned the H3 years ago which was a big hunk of crap that I loved way to dearly!!! I always dreamed Of an new hummer and almost what myself when I saw the EV coming. Reserved my 3x model but really hoping I can get the first edition!

So excited for this HEV i can’t think of a single feature for this truck that it doesn’t come with! … well fingers crossed for the removable doors
I opted for the SUV version EV3X (Edition 1 sold out) and patiently waiting for the next 2 years. Can't wait to cruise around central Texas in this beast.
Welcome to the forum guys! Is the Hummer going to be your first EV? What sold you on placing an order?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife wanted the mustang Mach-e so we found one after we sold the AT4 Sierra. (No point in making payment until HEV gets here). She really wants a MBZ G wagon but I made her watch a ton of YouTube videos on the new hummer and sold it like a time share!!!

Evs take a bit of getting used to charging at stations but I love everything about EVs now. Was super Sketch on the one Pedal driving but now that I have been using it for a few weeks i hate going back to drive our Tiguan.

i can find little flaws with the mustang like getting in on a hot day and throwing the car into reverse changes the touch screen and hides all the climate control and radio control until your back in drive. Super annoying and looks bad when youcan see half the UI of climate control but unable to interact with it.

I’m mostly excited to see how these little things work out in the HEV like seat settings and lighting getting in and out of vehicle, audio notifications, how accessible the buttons/switches are, etc. I am in quality assurance for Roblox currently but have been in industry for many years so the fact that they paired with perception studios to design the GUI is pretty exciting to me. Can’t wait to see/play with all the buttons and switches!!!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
My wife wanted the mustang Mach-e so we found one after we sold the AT4 Sierra. (No point in making payment until HEV gets here). She really wants a MBZ G wagon but I made her watch a ton of YouTube videos on the new hummer and sold it like a time share!!!

Evs take a bit of getting used to charging at stations but I love everything about EVs now. Was super Sketch on the one Pedal driving but now that I have been using it for a few weeks i hate going back to drive our Tiguan.

i can find little flaws with the mustang like getting in on a hot day and throwing the car into reverse changes the touch screen and hides all the climate control and radio control until your back in drive. Super annoying and looks bad when youcan see half the UI of climate control but unable to interact with it.

I’m mostly excited to see how these little things work out in the HEV like seat settings and lighting getting in and out of vehicle, audio notifications, how accessible the buttons/switches are, etc. I am in quality assurance for Roblox currently but have been in industry for many years so the fact that they paired with perception studios to design the GUI is pretty exciting to me. Can’t wait to see/play with all the buttons and switches!!!
You're lucky Mercedes hasn't brought out the electric G Wagon yet. Otherwise things could've been different haha. How is the Mach-E's performance and ride quality? I haven't had a chance to drive one yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're lucky Mercedes hasn't brought out the electric G Wagon yet. Otherwise things could've been different haha. How is the Mach-E's performance and ride quality? I haven't had a chance to drive one yet.
It’s super fun!!! I love it and we didn’t even get the GT version. Super peppy but with rear wheel drive we can def feel the tendancy to loose grip. Havent got to drive it in the rain yet.

really comfortable and quality feeling inside but my one gripe is it does feel a little heavy when hittin pot holes and bumps. I feel like I can feel the battery weight while driving.

ford connect app needs some work and charging faults and scheduled charge times have been frustrating to see the least. As well as trying to figure out how to update payment method on the app. Our card expired and we couldn’t initiate a manual charge session on electrify America because you need to plug in first and then it automatically detects the car and applies the old payment method. So little bugs but we plan on trading it in when we pick up the hummer

21 - 31 of 31 Posts