GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello and thanks for the Welcome post! So, I love the looks of the new HummerEV SUV but not sure I can hold out until 2023. The truck looks great as well but doesn't appear that will be easy to get very soon either. I have a feeling a ton more EV options will be announced soon so now the question is when do you dive in....Been driving the same vehicle for going on 7 years and I am a techie... can't fathom holding out much longer. At a minimum I look forward to being able to test drive one of these models in the next 6 months!

· Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys! Nice to see some new faces!

@evtrail what stands out to you about the Hummer vs the R1T and vice-versa?

@ShouldIHumev22 Have you been looking at any other EVs aside from the Hummer SUV?
Yes, I am interested in the Audi Q4 EV. Obviously a lot smaller but the reviews overseas rave about it. A couple years ago I thought I was interested in the Mercedes EQS SUV until they axed it in the US! No clue why they did that but have no desire to drive a car. Also test drove the model X a while back and really liked it, but the new slightly redesigned is delayed. Being an Audi guy I feel like there may be a Q8 all electric right around corner. The Escalade is a great looking vehicle as well that I would consider if they came out with an all-electric. Supposedly the HummerEV will weigh around 9K lbs, so I can't imagine the Escalade would come in too much heavier. Just way too much coming down the pipe... at the end of the day it doesn't matter what range the EV gets, it's more about where is the next charging station!

· Registered
4 Posts
Did you get a chance to check out the e-tron SUV currently being sold?
I hear a lot of good things about them.
I test drove the 2019 eTron. Nice, but pretty bad range at 205. I think the new model 2021 was upgraded to a whopping 225? I mean, I love the instant gratification of instant torque but I want to be able to make it a vacation destination comfortably...
Although, if anyone on here has or had one I would like to hear your opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts