GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,596 Posts
- Vehicle does NOT consistently lower to entry/exist height when put in Park w/ setting enabled. Doing manual selection of lower height also doesnt actually change the height either, nothing happens manually swapping between normal and lowered exit height. Happens about 50% of the time we put the truck in park. Before the Extract mode sensor replacement / software update the truck was 100% consistent with lowering. Dealership said everything is correct after taking it in for a review after the Extract update they did since I was the first they had done.
I believe this is a known issue, I've at least heard it before and GM is in the process of providing updates to the Extract mode software.

- Wife said today when she started the truck after having it off for a couple minutes at kid school pickup the infotainment screen was white for several minutes before finally displaying the H intro logo and ultimately booting back up to Google maps which was what was on the screen when she turned the truck off
It pulls the google maps data from the cloud, it may have had a bad signal or the app didn't realize it had one for a while.

- Plugged the truck in this afternoon at 45% charged. We've have Home Location set and Preferred charging hours configured for 10pm-5am 7 days a week with a Home charge schedule of 80% by am 7 days a week since we got it. Despite the configuration the truck immediately started charging and display said 80% charge would be completed by 11pm tonight so I unplugged it. I manually plugged the truck in at 9:30pm and it again immediately started charging with an estimated 80% charge by 4am. All other times connecting to the home charger it immediately clicks off unless the truck has been at very low SOC levels which couldnt fully charge during the Preferred time window.
During this event did you happen to unplug/plug in the charge cord twice in very quick succession? That usually tells the truck to ignore the schedule and do an immediate charge.

· Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,596 Posts
It's dependent on GPS positioning. If for some reason the truck's GPS doesn't have a good lock, it can think you aren't at the home location. My Bolt did that pretty often, especially when I had been parking it in the garage. I ended up using both the timer in the car and the one with my JuiceBox to stop it from happening.
Yup that as well.... I failed to mention this in my reply LOL. Good point!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts