GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating switching my dealer as I'm not too thrilled about the communication (or lack thereof I suppose).
Reservation is verified, but not built. It's for Fall 2022.

Anyone have recommendations for dealerships around NYC/Long Island? (Willing to drive an hour or two into NJ/CT/Upstate NY, even the edge of Pennsylvania)

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm debating switching my dealer as I'm not too thrilled about the communication (or lack thereof I suppose).
Reservation is verified, but not built. It's for Fall 2022.

Anyone have recommendations for dealerships around NYC/Long Island? (Willing to drive an hour or two into NJ/CT/Upstate NY, even the edge of Pennsylvania)

Thank you!
What problem with communication? I heard from the dealer when it was time to order the truck, and again when my HummerEV showed up at the dealership, there was no more communication needed... Are you one of those needy folks that want the dealer to call you over and over even when they have no information for you? Personally I would be mad if the dealer called me more often than there was new information related to my order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What problem with communication? I heard from the dealer when it was time to order the truck, and again when my HummerEV showed up at the dealership, there was no more communication needed... Are you one of those needy folks that want the dealer to call you over and over even when they have no information for you? Personally I would be mad if the dealer called me more often than there was new information related to my order.
Thanks for the response Tom, would you happen to know any dealerships in the NYC area that people have reported good experiences with (and are of course selling at MSRP)?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Thanks for the response Tom, would you happen to know any dealerships in the NYC area that people have reported good experiences with (and are of course selling at MSRP)?
I don't, you are on the other side of the country from me, as I understand though, if you have ordered, you cannot move your reservation. Also its likely your expectation is the issue on communication more than the dealers lack of attention. I see many of the folks on here that are like little kids, calling their dealer and the concierge, over and over for information when no information is available. If I was the salesman, or concierge this would drive me nuts, I would tell them, don't call us, we'll call you when we have something for you. Relax, sip some wine and wait for your turn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't, you are on the other side of the country from me, as I understand though, if you have ordered, you cannot move your reservation. Also its likely your expectation is the issue on communication more than the dealers lack of attention. I see many of the folks on here that are like little kids, calling their dealer and the concierge, over and over for information when no information is available. If I was the salesman, or concierge this would drive me nuts, I would tell them, don't call us, we'll call you when we have something for you. Relax, sip some wine and wait for your turn.
Haven’t ordered, only verified online. Nothing signed as of yet.

As you’re concerned that the issues are on my end, let me clarify for your sake:

I’ve sent a couple emails to verify MSRP and also made a call and left messages and haven’t heard back from them about it.

I’ve heard from them twice, once to tell me that my estimated arrival is Fall, and again to ask if I’ve heard any updates on my end. My responses to those emails have been unanswered.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Got in touch with the GMC sales manager, won’t be selling at MSRP, any suggestions for dealers within a couple hours of NYC?
just search your area for a GMC dealer, and call until you find one that will email a MSRP -no markup guarantee. This is not rocket science, just call the sales manager and say you have a reservation you would like to transfer to them at MSRP, until you find one that bites. Should not take long...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think what the bronco owners did better than here is put a list together of all the dealers selling at MSRP, above, or below. I’m new here but doesn’t seem that you all are as coordinated together. It would help. If you have a list you can call out all the BS dealers and trust me it helps in the long run. Or is it that hummer owners are more lone wolves worried about themselves and bronco owners are more of a pack animal. Don’t be offended. Just saying it’s better to work together then tell someone to sup some wine. Nobody should want to pay over MSRP or want anybody else to either. If nobody is paying 200k for a first edition then there is no market. But once some dumbass does, well, here we are. Either way, we should have a running list of all dealers selling at MSRP, above, below…

·
Registered
2 Posts
@saahil I am in Rockland County and now thinking about ordering a Hummer. I Have a bronco, process was much easier, and i locked in my sales agreement at time of order before the world went totally nutz..
I called my local dealer, Grand Prize, and they are doing ADMs.. Happy to split the list of local dealers in Tri state area and see who will sell at MSRP. If not, I may just do the dealer in SC advertising on these forums, but concerned about their allocations. I don't know anything about the dealer. A dealer did that on the Bronco side and then Ford reinstated the normal allocation process and people are screwed waiting 3 years for vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts