GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a sad day, my ford focus EV has officially bit the dust, after 7 years of trouble free (1 visit to the dealer to perform a modem update, 2 sets of tires, 1 set of brakes 1 set of stabilizer end rods) 95 000 + miles of EV driving almost daily 74 mile round trip commute, the battery has failed. Luckily it squeaked in under warranty, but they gave me the option of:
1. replacing the discontinued battery with a refurbished one
2, buying the vehicle back for $12500 dollars

I chose option 2, now I am anxiously awaiting the next car in the stable, my hummer 3x was reserved 9/27/21, but have not heard anything yet, hoping it will be soon, as I dont want to buy a stop gap car...but like not having to stop for gas

· Registered
370 Posts
Well its a sad day, my ford focus EV has officially bit the dust, after 7 years of trouble free (1 visit to the dealer to perform a modem update, 2 sets of tires, 1 set of brakes 1 set of stabilizer end rods) 95 000 + miles of EV driving almost daily 74 mile round trip commute, the battery has failed. Luckily it squeaked in under warranty, but they gave me the option of:
1. replacing the discontinued battery with a refurbished one
2, buying the vehicle back for $12500 dollars

I chose option 2, now I am anxiously awaiting the next car in the stable, my hummer 3x was reserved 9/27/21, but have not heard anything yet, hoping it will be soon, as I dont want to buy a stop gap car...but like not having to stop for gas
I hate to be even more of a downer but your wait is probably going to be around two years or more with a Sept '21 reservation. Hell, I reserved in Oct '20, the first night, and I might not get mine before the end of '23. I would have been enjoying a Taycan for over a year if I had thought it would be this long of a wait. I still seriously think I'll get the Sierra Denali Ed1 I reserved in the first 5 minutes before the Hummer since they'll be prioritizing Silverado and Sierra builds end of next year. Might want to get into another EV for the next 2-3 years while you wait.

The Hummer just ticks so many boxes in what I need/want. My daily is a current E63 Wagon, wife has a '20 Defender and we have a '20 Long Wheelbase Transit Connect for truck/utility work. I needed a truck, I wanted an EV with 300-400 miles of range, and I didn't want something that was just a bland truck that sat in the driveway 99% of the time we weren't using it. The Hummer is the perfect package of what I want right now...I'm just EXETREMELY disappointed with the whole process and lack of communication right now.

How nice would it be to login to a Hummer EV reservation website where you are told how many reservations are in front of you? A site that, when your turn came around, you use to spec out and finalize your order. A site that tracks your build, displays your VIN when assigned, etc. They have EVERYTHING they need to make something like that work...but they settled with just giving you an 800 number to some people that don't really have any more info than you do.

· Registered
172 Posts
Ross, welcome aboard and welcome to the chat!

Unfortunately, Carac is exactly right and with reserving so recently, you've got quite a wait on your hands.

GM is one of the largest car manufacturers in the world. When they really ramp up, they may very well be able to get all of us our awesome trucks in 2023.. but so far, not many of us here on the forums are confident that they'll actually ramp up like they are saying they will.

Good luck to you on your wait - the Hummer will absolutely be worth it!

· Registered
468 Posts
If need/want an EV, may want to get a different one in the interim you feel may hold its value a bit. Hummer is 2+ years out for you at minimum likely.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the advice, im going to hold out a bit, my dealer said he thought q2 2023...I'm not wealthy enough to purchase 2 fun cars, and still need to keep my gas burners around for longer trips....

· Registered
468 Posts
I appreciate the advice, im going to hold out a bit, my dealer said he thought q2 2023...I'm not wealthy enough to purchase 2 fun cars, and still need to keep my gas burners around for longer trips....
cool, no way it'll be q2 2023 though, so at best q4, but likely into late 2024. In q1 2023, hopefully they start delivering edition 1s that have stopped delivery now due to recall. the factory should reopen and you'd think will prep and start finishing up dealer edition 1s, then SUT 3Xs after that, but it's going slow and likely constraints will continue. You prob have 45,000 in front of you out of the 90,000 orders with them delivering so far not even to those that ordered in the first 2 minutes... 45k Hummers in a year doesn't seem possible next year.

· Registered
157 Posts
cool, no way it'll be q2 2023 though, so at best q4, but likely into late 2024. In q1 2023, hopefully they start delivering edition 1s that have stopped delivery now due to recall. the factory should reopen and you'd think will prep and start finishing up dealer edition 1s, then SUT 3Xs after that, but it's going slow and likely constraints will continue. You prob have 45,000 in front of you out of the 90,000 orders with them delivering so far not even to those that ordered in the first 2 minutes... 45k Hummers in a year doesn't seem possible next year.
Late 2024 seems a bit pessimistic to me, not because I think GM will build/deliver 45000 this year, but because I don’t think it’s realistic to think anywhere close to 90000 orders will actually end up being made. I’ve said it before and don’t want to sound like a broken record but I think the $100 reservation fee was silly and inflated the numbers. I personally have three orders (originally 4) and will only make one. How many others have multiple orders between the SUT and SUV, or even between trims? How many people have multiple reservations for other EVs or ICE cars? And that’s not even factoring in the economy and interest rates which will almost certainly cause some to tighten the purse strings.

All that said, the supply chain is a wild card and the stop sale concerns me more with every day that passes without a resolution. I’d guess early 2024 but wouldn’t be shocked if it did end up late 2024.

One thing I do know - If mine looks like it’s going to go much beyond Q1 2024, there may be 3 less reservations to worry about.

· Registered
468 Posts
Late 2024 seems a bit pessimistic to me, not because I think GM will build/deliver 45000 this year, but because I don’t think it’s realistic to think anywhere close to 90000 orders will actually end up being made. I’ve said it before and don’t want to sound like a broken record but I think the $100 reservation fee was silly and inflated the numbers. I personally have three orders (originally 4) and will only make one. How many others have multiple orders between the SUT and SUV, or even between trims? How many people have multiple reservations for other EVs or ICE cars? And that’s not even factoring in the economy and interest rates which will almost certainly cause some to tighten the purse strings.

All that said, the supply chain is a wild card and the stop sale concerns me more with every day that passes without a resolution. I’d guess early 2024 but wouldn’t be shocked if it did end up late 2024.

One thing I do know - If mine looks like it’s going to go much beyond Q1 2024, there may be 3 less reservations to worry about.
I agree with you on the reservation conversion rate. I am in a similar situation as you and I have a EV3X reservation (from October 2020), an Edition 1 SUV, Silverado EV 1st edition, and the Sierra Denali 1st edition. That puts me at 4 and I will only take 1... I really want the Hummer SUT, but the Sierra may actually be a more practical option... I am really down to those 2 and would hope that I will get the Hummer 1st and then have some time with it to decide if it works or if the Sierra will be a better fit... My fear is that it may work out the reverse and... Regardless I am with you that GM's high reservation #'s will not continue to see the high conversion rate that they are currently experiencing when they only have 1 vehicle to offer.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the Cadillac dealer just contacted me about a lyriq that someone backed out of, build date on the lyriq is 1/30...Ill still hold my reservation, if you guys are right on timelines, it will be my next car purchase....now I dont want them to hurry, as I cant swing two cars this year....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts