GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the new corporate GM Super Bowl Ad, set to air Sunday during the big game. It's also worth noting that Cadillac is supposed to get it's own commercial to air as well, expected to again prominently feature the Lyriq.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I thought that was pretty funny, but unfortunately just showed the Lyriq and Hummer. Nothing new to see here if you have been paying attention, but this commercial is obviously for those who just think of Tesla or don't think of electric cars at all. That's ok though!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Here's the new corporate GM Super Bowl Ad, set to air Sunday during the big game. It's also worth noting that Cadillac is supposed to get it's own commercial to air as well, expected to again prominently feature the Lyriq.

Well we finally know why they're picking on Norway hahaha. I'm loving these commercials more and more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kinda funny... I thought it did a poor job of representing or showing the vehicles. Then again, it's more about general awareness than direct product promotion. I'm sure we'll be flooded with plenty of product-centric ads as GM gets closer to actually delivering their new EVs.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Kinda funny... I thought it did a poor job of representing or showing the vehicles. Then again, it's more about general awareness than direct product promotion. I'm sure we'll be flooded with plenty of product-centric ads as GM gets closer to actually delivering their new EVs.
Super Bowl ads are usually about brand awareness and telling a story. I think this is the best I have seen from GM, but the general public that does not follow EV's might not get it.

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
65 Posts
I thought that was pretty funny, but unfortunately just showed the Lyriq and Hummer. Nothing new to see here if you have been paying attention, but this commercial is obviously for those who just think of Tesla or don't think of electric cars at all. That's ok though!
Good for the masses I'd say. Most folks have no idea GM is working on new EVs.

Anyone come across people in real life that know?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Good for the masses I'd say. Most folks have no idea GM is working on new EVs.

Anyone come across people in real life that know?
I would say more people know about the Volt, and HummerEV, but not that GM is serious about EV's and bringing out a full line. Hopefully with the teasers, some of the general population understand this commercial. GM has work to do, but once the Hummer EV is out for media drives and in public, that will do a lot to get the message out.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
To be fair most Super Bowl commercials aren't directly focused on a specific product. It's about getting people to talk about the company.

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: Tom E-Tron

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's hilarious! Ford and now Audi...yup, that's all the confirmation we needed that GM nailed one of the top Super Bowl ads of the year. Well done, GM! I love the bantering between brands...even if Ford still sucks 😉
hey hey hey there Be nice to Ford, I have some of their stock too... It was on sale for $3.99 in March 2020, what can I say, I cannot pass up a good sale. Haha!

Ya, GM nailed it this year, their ad is catchy and lots of people are talking about it... Bravo GM...

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey hey hey there Be nice to Ford, I have some of their stock too... It was on sale for $3.99 in March 2020, what can I say, I cannot pass up a good sale. Haha!

Ya, GM nailed it this year, their ad is catchy and lots of people are talking about it... Bravo GM...
I'm only pushing buttons lol, I'm obviously a huge GM fan so there's some competitiveness between myself and Ford fans, but truth be told if I ever bought a non-GM vehicle, it'd be a Ford. No question about it. I've been a fan of theirs for a long time, and my family has had numerous Ford products mixed in with our GM fleet over the years.

Ford stock has really lit up since it collapsed in February/March...I wish I had gotten in on the game as well!

Reactions: Tom E-Tron

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm only pushing buttons lol, I'm obviously a huge GM fan so there's some competitiveness between myself and Ford fans, but truth be told if I ever bought a non-GM vehicle, it'd be a Ford. No question about it. I've been a fan of theirs for a long time, and my family has had numerous Ford products mixed in with our GM fleet over the years.

Ford stock has really lit up since it collapsed in February/March...I wish I had gotten in on the game as well!
Likewise, I am a huge GM fan, and my stock holdings disproportionally favor GM. I have bought dozens of new GM vehicles in my life, and have never owned a Ford, but I can respect the Mach-E, and the new Ford trucks are good.

As for Stocks nearly everything was a good buy in March/April 2020.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
That's hilarious! Ford and now Audi...yup, that's all the confirmation we needed that GM nailed one of the top Super Bowl ads of the year. Well done, GM! I love the bantering between brands...even if Ford still sucks 😉
It's great to see some kind of competitiveness between these companies once again. For a while it's just been Tesla vs. Porsche about who has the fastest EV around the Nurburgring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.