GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
On the earnings call today Elon Musk said Tesla will not produce the Cybertruck in 2022, and as a matter of fact is not going to produce any new vehicles in 2022, only S3XY as fr as they eye can see.

Later in the call he mentioned Cybertruck has production cost problems that need to be worked through, "no matter how good it is nobody will buy it if it costs too much" which I see as code for they cannot build it yet for a reasonable cost.

The most interesting part to me about the call was when Elon said they will be limited to 250k trucks. If so, that’s a lot less than GM should have by then.

· Registered
318 Posts
Yea, Elon knew they had good financial numbers but nothing new to say regarding product so he tried to emphasize the same old robotaxi/fsd and even the robot so investors don’t look at “real” stuff! I know CEOs love to try distract in that way (even Mary does that sometimes), but I would love to hear some refreshing honesty occasionally!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.