·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
Everything to-date has been pointing to SES's "Apollo" lithium-metal hybrid electrode pouch cell as the foundation of the "Gen 2" Ultium cell. The pouch cell shape and size the SES CEO hold up in the video below matches the Ultium cell form-factor. If SES's claims for volumetric and gravimetric energy density improvements are true, along with the related cost efficiencies, this would not just make EV's more "profitable", but also marketable/affordable at a next-level that could finally sway the mainstream public to realize EVs are really an idea who's time has come. And GM would be at the forefront of that wave...music to investors' ears.

Can't wait for the Investors' Day reports flowing out in two days!

SES Apollo cell video

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts
No new info on how many EVs will be built in 2023, very disappointing, they just keep talking about 1M in 2025. We only know that 70K Bolts will be built. They should be projecting the ramp up, at one point a while ago they mentioned 400K for 2023, but no mention of that in the video.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No new info on how many EVs will be built in 2023, very disappointing, they just keep talking about 1M in 2025. We only know that 70K Bolts will be built. They should be projecting the ramp up, at one point a while ago they mentioned 400K for 2023, but no mention of that in the video.

They've pushed that back 6 months, I think it will end up being more. I'd love to be wrong. Make me wrong, GM, I want my truck.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts

They've pushed that back 6 months, I think it will end up being more. I'd love to be wrong. Make me wrong, GM, I want my truck.
They still have to build nearly 20K Ultium vehicles per month to reach that number in 18 months, plus the 70K Bolts for next year.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread has some very interesting information/photos: Cadillac Lyriq & Ultifi (You can see a Hummer SUV, a Hummer SUT 3X, and also that Silverado EV with the different wheels and front grill seen during press days at the Detroit Auto show.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts