GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Just updating on my Hummer. About 1700 miles thus far. It's amazing how many people have stopped by my house to look at it, have waved/honked, and stopped to take photos when I'm out. The attention is wild.

I love driving it. Super Cruise is really cool!

Only complaints:
-the power tonneau hardcover is finicky. It tends to stick and doesn't work great. I have to pull on it to get it to close completely.
-the google "Hey google" is slow and doesn't respond correctly 50% of the time. Perhaps an over-the-air update can correct it.
-it's so difficult to find somewhere to wash it. I have an F250 diesel that is about the same width and haven't had trouble washing it. The F250 is lifted 3" and has wider/taller tires than the Hummer. But, I've taken the Hummer to 3 car washes and they've all refused. The Zax car wash attendant said "tell him he can NEVER bring that back here again." Shocking. The truck looks (& is) wide, but really isn't wider than my Super Duty truck. I understand that some people don't like automatic car washes (please save me your opinion on them), but I have so little extra time to manually wash it with a sprayer. If anyone knows of a place that I can take it in Commerce/Novi/Milford/West Bloomfield MI, that would be appreciated!

I had it wrapped black. The wheels are 24"x11" Fuel D741 which are powdercoated bronze, with Federal MTS 35x12.50x24 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
505 Posts
@Malaligned

Congrats and great pics! Keep sharing any other comments as you come across them. You def got me rethinking the power tonneau cover...... Just want it to work, if it doesnt, should probably go with a trifold bakflip m4 for half the price.
Best of luck with it brother!
I've been running the recalibration routine a couple times a week. Runs fine for a few days and suddenly doesn't. Almost seems like it's losing the torque calibration but I have no way to really know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The ride on the new wheels seem to be about the same as the stock wheels/tires. I'm keeping the stock ones for winter time, as they'll do better than these MTS tires. These tires are slightly louder though, but I've read that they'll quiet down after a few thousand miles.

The door inner frames weren't wrapped, although I don't seem to notice that. The interior is a mix of white/light grey/black/bronze, so the white door frame doesn't stand out.

Those photos from Midnight Protective Films are of my truck. They also put a protective film on the windshield, because it's nearly vertical and at high risk of chips/cracks from flying rocks.

@Dark-Fx, what recalibration routine are you doing? Is there something that's supposed to correct?

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
505 Posts
@Dark-Fx, what recalibration routine are you doing? Is there something that's supposed to correct?
Truck unlocked, tailgate down, hold both open/close buttons on the tonneau down for 10 seconds. It'll open/close twice, after it stops it is recalibrated. Should open/close without stopping or getting stuck by a single press on either button.

Hoping they can come up with an actual fix but so far this has been making it less of an annoyance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dude yes! Only question is how are you avoiding the insane swirl marks on a black wrap? The only product I have found that actually looks like paint long term is STEK's blackout PPF. I put it on the bottom of my SVJ and it's held up really well - you can see it below the green stripe on the side. Above the stripe is paint. It had no orange peel look and never seemed to get swirls in it, though I did have them coat it with a ceramic product afterwards.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 1914
Just updating on my Hummer. About 1700 miles thus far. It's amazing how many people have stopped by my house to look at it, have waved/honked, and stopped to take photos when I'm out. The attention is wild.

I love driving it. Super Cruise is really cool!

Only complaints:
-the power tonneau hardcover is finicky. It tends to stick and doesn't work great. I have to pull on it to get it to close completely.
-the google "Hey google" is slow and doesn't respond correctly 50% of the time. Perhaps an over-the-air update can correct it.
-it's so difficult to find somewhere to wash it. I have an F250 diesel that is about the same width and haven't had trouble washing it. The F250 is lifted 3" and has wider/taller tires than the Hummer. But, I've taken the Hummer to 3 car washes and they've all refused. The Zax car wash attendant said "tell him he can NEVER bring that back here again." Shocking. The truck looks (& is) wide, but really isn't wider than my Super Duty truck. I understand that some people don't like automatic car washes (please save me your opinion on them), but I have so little extra time to manually wash it with a sprayer. If anyone knows of a place that I can take it in Commerce/Novi/Milford/West Bloomfield MI, that would be appreciated!

I had it wrapped black. The wheels are 24"x11" Fuel D741 which are powdercoated bronze, with Federal MTS 35x12.50x24 tires.
Beautiful piece congratulations! Please don’t do automatic wash! Just no ! Just get some time to do by hand takes 20 minutes. Please share more from inside pictures

1 - 20 of 28 Posts