GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt EV , Audi RS E-Tron GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I've driven just about every EV since the EV1 so I wanted to give the Hummer EV a look.
After seeing the Hummer EV in person, I was memorized.
I don't like trucks or even SUVs, but after driving the Edition One, I have to have it.
The presence, the cartoonish look, massive size and it can be open air. What's not to like?

I was never a fan of any domestic OEMs because of build quality and bland design. Then I got a Bolt EV which changed my mind. Not the design, but the build quality and tech which is superb. Then seeing the Hummer EV I'm a big fan of GMs direction of style and technology.

With GM being the leader in the modern EV space since the EV1, it gave me even more confidence for their Ultium platform.

Having multiple EVs now a 200 to 240 Miles on a charge is the perfect amount of range. Mid 6 sec 0-60 is also the perfect amount of power for daily use. I have a really fast EV Sedan for sporty use so this would complement it.

I prefer the Hummer EV SUV styling and utility over a pick up.
Yellow would be the color of choice.

I reserved an Ev2 which would be perfect price and spec wise, but I also reserved a Ev2x in case I can't wait that long.

Looking forward to learning from all the members here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello all

I've driven just about every EV since the EV1 so I wanted to give the Hummer EV a look.
After seeing the Hummer EV in person, I was memorized.
I don't like trucks or even SUVs, but after driving the Edition One, I have to have it.
The presence, the cartoonish look, massive size and it can be open air. What's not to like?

I was never a fan of any domestic OEMs because of build quality and bland design. Then I got a Bolt EV which changed my mind. Not the design, but the build quality and tech which is superb. Then seeing the Hummer EV I'm a big fan of GMs direction of style and technology.

With GM being the leader in the modern EV space since the EV1, it gave me even more confidence for their Ultium platform.

Having multiple EVs now a 200 to 240 Miles on a charge is the perfect amount of range. Mid 6 sec 0-60 is also the perfect amount of power for daily use. I have a really fast EV Sedan for sporty use so this would complement it.

I prefer the Hummer EV SUV styling and utility over a pick up.
Yellow would be the color of choice.

I reserved an Ev2 which would be perfect price and spec wise, but I also reserved a Ev2x in case I can't wait that long.

Looking forward to learning from all the members here.
Nice, yes the truck is much nicer/cooler in person. Did you reserve a 2X? The models are mainly Edition 1, 3X, 2X... in SUT or SUV form. Three each.

It'll be a good 2-3 years of waiting but worth it I'm sure, maybe 2024/2025 or so I'd say.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Nice, yes the truck is much nicer/cooler in person. Did you reserve a 2X? The models are mainly Edition 1, 3X, 2X... in SUT or SUV form. Three each.

It'll be a good 2-3 years of waiting but worth it I'm sure, maybe 2024/2025 or so I'd say.
It's (Edition 1), EV 3X, EV 2X, and EV 2.

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt EV , Audi RS E-Tron GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have a reservation for the EV2 and the EV2x. Other than all wheel steer, the EV2 is fine for me.
That all wheel steer is miraculous.

I forgot how cool the graphics are on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a reservation for the EV2 and the EV2x. Other than all wheel steer, the EV2 is fine for me.
That all wheel steer is miraculous.

I forgot how cool the graphics are on the infotainment screen.
Nice. I'm still not certain they will even produce the 2 trim as it's likely low reservation numbers. Guess we need t ok get 1-2 years more behind us to see what they are doing then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You’ll be waiting a few years to say the least. Mine probably won’t be here until Spring of 2024 and I’m much further up on the list if you just placed a reservation. You’ll be lucky to get one end of 2025. Definitely don’t skip out on the rear wheel turn. It’s a must have

1 - 8 of 8 Posts