GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on board waiting for a Cybertruck but now I'm reconsidering and thinking I should wait for the Hummer instead.

One question for the group: will the Hummer fit in a standard garage? Still too big right? I know the Cybertruck definitely was going to have to be parked outside for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome @tfp!
The HUMMER EV length is 216.8 inches, shorter than a GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Short Box by about 15 inches. I live in a condo and lucky for me, it should only stick out slightly. I'm afraid that driving through the aisles and going up/down the ramp will be a squeeze!
You should also factor in height. Its taller than a F-150 Raptor at 81.1 inches. Will that clear your garage door?

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
Welcome @tfp! Love the profile pic! And great job reconsidering the Cybertruck...HummerChat Forums is slowly becoming a place for recovering Cybertruck reservation holders :ROFLMAO:

AllTerrain gave you all the numbers we know know, so I hope that's helpful. It's a tall and wide truck, but surprisingly, it's only as long as a Chevy Colorado.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey @tfp! Which Cybertruck were you looking to get and which Hummer would you consider getting?
I've been looking at the dual motor Cybertruck. The tri motor was overkill for me. But now that I've seen the Hummer, I like the idea of the pop off roof. I'm not looking to wait more than a few years, so I'll take whichever Hummer trim I can get my hands on. If GM delays the Hummer I may get the Cybertruck in the meantime and drive that for a few years before switching. We'll see how the timeline works out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome @tfp! Love the profile pic! And great job reconsidering the Cybertruck...HummerChat Forums is slowly becoming a place for recovering Cybertruck reservation holders :ROFLMAO:

AllTerrain gave you all the numbers we know know, so I hope that's helpful. It's a tall and wide truck, but surprisingly, it's only as long as a Chevy Colorado.
This place really does seem like a second home for the Cybertruck folks! I like that the Hummer is not too long. I don't need anything larger than that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome @tfp!
The HUMMER EV length is 216.8 inches, shorter than a GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Short Box by about 15 inches. I live in a condo and lucky for me, it should only stick out slightly. I'm afraid that driving through the aisles and going up/down the ramp will be a squeeze!
You should also factor in height. Its taller than a F-150 Raptor at 81.1 inches. Will that clear your garage door?
I need to measure the garage door, did not even think about that dimension, thanks. The Hummer may have to live outside after all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been looking at the dual motor Cybertruck. The tri motor was overkill for me. But now that I've seen the Hummer, I like the idea of the pop off roof. I'm not looking to wait more than a few years, so I'll take whichever Hummer trim I can get my hands on. If GM delays the Hummer I may get the Cybertruck in the meantime and drive that for a few years before switching. We'll see how the timeline works out.
I hope there aren't any delays but it would be interesting to drive the Cybertruck and then switch to the Hummer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts