GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, glad to be one of the earlier members to join the forums.

I never owned a Hummer, but my cousin did (an H2 SUV first, then a couple years later, an H2 SUT), and some of my favorite memories from high school and into college were working on those trucks during the summer months, morning, afternoon and night. I've always been an ICE guy, always will be, but having one of my favorite nameplates return as an EV has really spiked my interest in electric vehicles.

Can't wait to see the new Hummers, and to see how this forum grows.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @StillHummer! What kinds of trucks/SUVs have you owned in the past?
Thanks, @Oakwood! Thusfar, the only SUV I have owned was a 2007 GMC Envoy SLT, which was an awesome ride. Other than that, it's been all cars, including my most recent two, a 2006 Chrysler 300C and a 2005 Cadillac Deville DTS. My goal in the next 2 or 3 years is to get into a Hummer H3, hopefully an Alpha with the 5.3 V8. How about you? I'm curious what the members here have driven in the past.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks, @Oakwood! Thusfar, the only SUV I have owned was a 2007 GMC Envoy SLT, which was an awesome ride. Other than that, it's been all cars, including my most recent two, a 2006 Chrysler 300C and a 2005 Cadillac Deville DTS. My goal in the next 2 or 3 years is to get into a Hummer H3, hopefully an Alpha with the 5.3 V8. How about you? I'm curious what the members here have driven in the past.
A friend of mine had a Envoy like that and it ran for such a long time without issues. As far as SUVs for I've owned a 2003 Durango and a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine had a Envoy like that and it ran for such a long time without issues. As far as SUVs for I've owned a 2003 Durango and a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.
Yeah, it was a great SUV, wish I still had it. The Atlas I6 engine was truly bulletproof, it just ran and ran. Plus it had plenty of space. Would it be safe to say that you're a Chrysler man? I've always liked both the Durango and the Cherokee, especially the Durango. My friend has a 2016 R/T, and he loves it. Me personally, I'll always prefer the body-on-frame Durangos like your 2003!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum @StillHummer

I've been a car guy my whole life, but also just loved the Hummer.

It seems like since the great recession it's just not socially acceptable to drive a Hummer. This should change that and I'm really looking forward to seeing what GM can do here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum @StillHummer

I've been a car guy my whole life, but also just loved the Hummer.

It seems like since the great recession it's just not socially acceptable to drive a Hummer. This should change that and I'm really looking forward to seeing what GM can do here.
That's a great point about driving Hummers post-recession @St00k, I've noticed the exact same thing myself. The amount of people looking forward to this reveal show that the Hummer name still isnpires interest. Also, thanks for the welcome! This forum is going to be growing in the next few months, I've really enjoyed it thusfar.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, it was a great SUV, wish I still had it. The Atlas I6 engine was truly bulletproof, it just ran and ran. Plus it had plenty of space. Would it be safe to say that you're a Chrysler man? I've always liked both the Durango and the Cherokee, especially the Durango. My friend has a 2016 R/T, and he loves it. Me personally, I'll always prefer the body-on-frame Durangos like your 2003!
It was such a fun truck to drive! the generations after were a bit iffy but recently Dodge has nailed the design again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome @StillHummer, good to see you come from a good history of domestic car ownership. I can't say the same and am bit skeptical. Toyota's are mainly what I've been driving. How did you like the build quality of your GM's vehicles?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @AllTerrain, I appreciate the welcome. The people here already, if we stick around, we could kind of be the founding fathers of the Hummer EV forum lol, a real honor! Toyotas are excellent cars for reliability, several of my aunts, uncles and cousins drive them, and no one ever has a complaint, very high praise! As far as domestic, yes, I've always driven American cars. My dad and my grandfather have always had GM vehicles, my grandpa going back to the 1940's, so it runs in the family. My dad also has had a number of Ford commercial vehicles for our family landscape and construction company.

As far as build quality, I have to admit that I've been pleased overall. My current ride, the 2005 DTS, has been fantastic in every regard, reliable, smooth, powerful, loaded with features, its been the perfect car for me. The GMC was also a great SUV, didn't have it for too long, but it was very dependable. I've typically had 2000's GM products, and the fit and finish always leaves something to be desired, but they've all been good to me. The new, post-2010 GM products are much better in every way, its been nice to see GM grow so exponentially since the bailout.

If you're looking to get an American car down the line AllTerrain, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you. Buick especially, but Chevrolet and GMC as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts