GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts

View attachment 1892
Its a good looker, If they can keep the range above 300 miles and cost under $40K it will be a huge success. I work though the loaded RS model will creep up in price to over 40K which I think is too high for a car in that class.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Am still wondering why they have not shown the Blazer yet - at least other than one small corner! It’s coming out before the Equinox. And I imagine would be more expensive and thus profitable.
I don't think they have Blazer production intent bodies yet, likely just mules at this point... Those initial custom hand fabricated Hummer concepts (lyriq too) cost tens of millions of dollars each to build (every part is custom made), they are not going to do that for every model. Likely Equinox and Blazer have to wait for pre production models to be available as that saves substantial $$ in program cost.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Am still wondering why they have not shown the Blazer yet - at least other than one small corner! It’s coming out before the Equinox. And I imagine would be more expensive and thus profitable.
I don't think they have Blazer production intent bodies yet, likely just mules at this point... Those initial custom hand fabricated Hummer concepts (lyriq too) cost tens of millions of dollars each to build (every part is custom made), they are not going to do that for every model. Likely Equinox and Blazer have to wait for pre production models to be available as that saves substantial $$ in program cost.
I assume they are giving the Lyriq some breathing room. The Blazer and Lyriq are probably very similar dimensionally. I also expect the Blazer to start with AWD. Blazer pricing will reach low Lyriq pricing.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I assume they are giving the Lyriq some breathing room. The Blazer and Lyriq are probably very similar dimensionally. I also expect the Blazer to start with AWD. Blazer pricing will reach low Lyriq pricing.
I think Blazer is much smaller than Lyriq in length and width (Lyriq is a big car compared to ice Blazer) , and will be offered in an AWD SS first. We will know soon, I expect to see reservations start by summer.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another new teaser!

Every time I see this interior, I love it more!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Another new teaser!

Every time I see this interior, I love it more!
Ya, I like GM's new interior, Silverado Ev, and Equinox, simple, but nice looking.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
oh and a little hidden message in the video. The Odometer shows 48211, that's Factory Zero's zip code.
Ya, I like GM's new interior, Silverado Ev, and Equinox, simple, but nice looking.
Blazer Ev getting built at Ramos Azipe MX with Equinox, and Honda Prologue GM already confirmed that a lot time ago, and the factory addition is just finishing up construction now. Magna, and LG are now building the powertrain factory that will supply chargers and motors.

Factory Zero only builds EV Trucks and large SUV's (and Cruise Origin)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not really the same topic, but I got to ride in a new 2022 ICE Silverado RST Z71 this past weekend. We visited some friends and he got it 3 weeks ago. The new dash and interior were nice... I played with the big touch screen and found some things that he hadn't figured out yet... It was able to do a split screen with Nav on 1 side and Sirius XM on the other and toggle back and forth with one taking up approximately 2/3 of the screen and the other 1/3....i really liked the dash (way better than the one from a couple of years back with a tiny screen). It looks like it has the same shifter as the Hummer... And a lot of leg room in the back... My wife and daughter had plenty of room, so with the Hummer being slightly less they won't mind.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Not really the same topic, but I got to ride in a new 2022 ICE Silverado RST Z71 this past weekend. We visited some friends and he got it 3 weeks ago. The new dash and interior were nice... I played with the big touch screen and found some things that he hadn't figured out yet... It was able to do a split screen with Nav on 1 side and Sirius XM on the other and toggle back and forth with one taking up approximately 2/3 of the screen and the other 1/3....i really liked the dash (way better than the one from a couple of years back with a tiny screen). It looks like it has the same shifter as the Hummer... And a lot of leg room in the back... My wife and daughter had plenty of room, so with the Hummer being slightly less they won't mind.
Ya, that new interior is nice... I like the Interior for the new EV's much better though, Silverado E, and the Blazer/ Equinox just a scaled down version, but same concept See this video from 22 seconds

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Yeah, I agree, that Silverado E interior is super nice... I kind of wish they had done the Hummer gear shift on the column like the SilveradoE...
Ya, on the column is more convenient, and these new digital shifters are so much better than any other option. The Hummer shifter is part of the Hummer look, supposed to be more macho looking, usefulness be darned.

I think even the new HD pickups should use a digital column shifter. Down for forward, up for reverse, and if trailering and want manual shift mode up for upshift, down for downshift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts