GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

New 2024+ GMC Hummer EV SUV vs. Old 2003-09 Hummer H2 SUV

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  MojoMonkey 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
wow and that's the SUV. The SUT is even bigger. I drive a 2003 H2 today and its still a road monster. This is going to be fun

Reactions: StillHummer
#5 ·
I compared the dimensions myself a couple of days ago and was surprised, but seeing the illustrations is...wow. Based on a quick google search, it seems this would also make the SUV almost 7 inches wider than an H1. is that right? Would love to see those comparisons as well.

#10 ·
Having seen the prototype SUT at Barrett Jackson, I can tell you this is much wider than a full sized pickup, of which there were several at the show, including the TRX. It is likely close to the width of a dually pickup at the rear fenders. I was really impressed with the interior width, it has a lot of room inside.

#19 ·
After seeing the TRX, I was surprised that it was smaller than I expected. It’s 82” wide with mirrors folded, 88” with mirrors out. The longer bed option gives it a 235” total length, so same length as the Hummer SUT, but with the large engine compartment and longer bed, there’s a lot less interior space. And of course, the smaller bed option shrinks it noticeably.

It’s interesting to see the new Raptor being so comparable to the Hummer and larger than the TRX, I’m kinda surprised Ford went that direction with it. Raptor is larger than the F-250 super crew w/ short box. If that makes any sense.... I think they’re going to sell a lot of 2021 F-250 with the Tremor package to a lot of would-be Raptor buyers.

#11 ·
It is 0.4” wider than Raptors and military hummers. I drove military Hummers stateside and overseas. Korean cities were interesting. So was driving the Raptor I had along narrow Tennessee mountain roads with no shoulder and opposing traffic. In both scenarios, I got used to the added girth. The new Hummer will be no different.

#14 ·
#17 ·
Saw these the other day on facebook and it struck me as off. Hate to pee in someone’s cheerios, but the drawings are not to scale as they compared the wrong dimensions. The width shown for the HEV is total including mirrors. The width shown for the H2 does not include the mirrors. The Hummer EV is 86.7” wide not including mirrors, so while it’s larger than the H2, not as drastic as this graphic incorrectly portrays. The side profile drawings are also incorrect. They seem to be incorrectly scaled based off the above assumption and not accurately comparing the wheelbase of the two vehicles. Hummer EV SUV has a wheelbase of 126.7” while the H2 has a wheelbase of 122.8”, a difference of 3.9”. Overall length of the H2, not including spare tire, is 189.8” and the overall length of the Hummer EV SUV is 196.8” or a total of 7 inches.

The Hummer EV SUT has a longer wheelbase of 135.9”. Height of the new Hummer EV SUV/SUT is comparable to the H2, but capable of both lower and higher settings with the adjustable suspension.

While the Hummer EV is a large vehicle, it’s not crazy big like these drawings want to show. The 2021 Ford F-150 is 95.7” wide including the standard mirrors of the Lariat, Limited and Platinum models, 83.6” with the mirrors tucked. The Hummer EV SUT is actually smaller all around, but mostly identical to the 2021 Ford Raptor. Raptor is 86.6” wide without mirrors, 96” with mirrors. Raptor has a 145.4” wheelbase and 232.6” overall length with a height of 79.8” on 35’s and 80.7” on 37’s.

#18 ·
Saw these the other day on facebook and it struck me as off. Hate to pee in someone’s cheerios, but the drawings are not to scale as they compared the wrong dimensions. The width shown for the HEV is total including mirrors. The width shown for the H2 does not include the mirrors. The Hummer EV is 86.7” wide not including mirrors, so while it’s larger than the H2, not as drastic as this graphic incorrectly portrays. The side profile drawings are also incorrect. They seem to be incorrectly scaled based off the above assumption and not accurately comparing the wheelbase of the two vehicles. Hummer EV SUV has a wheelbase of 126.7” while the H2 has a wheelbase of 122.8”, a difference of 3.9”. Overall length of the H2, not including spare tire, is 189.8” and the overall length of the Hummer EV SUV is 196.8” or a total of 7 inches.

The Hummer EV SUT has a longer wheelbase of 135.9”. Height of the new Hummer EV SUV/SUT is comparable to the H2, but capable of both lower and higher settings with the adjustable suspension.

While the Hummer EV is a large vehicle, it’s not crazy big like these drawings want to show. The 2021 Ford F-150 is 95.7” wide including the standard mirrors of the Lariat, Limited and Platinum models, 83.6” with the mirrors tucked. The Hummer EV SUT is actually smaller all around, but mostly identical to the 2021 Ford Raptor. Raptor is 86.6” wide without mirrors, 96” with mirrors. Raptor has a 145.4” wheelbase and 232.6” overall length with a height of 79.8” on 35’s and 80.7” on 37’s.
That's good news to me. I had a feeling the numbers weren't apples to apples because the author was taking into account the mirrors on the EV but thought maybe I was missing something. Rather than being significantly larger than the H1, this seems to be a reincarnation of the H1.

#21 ·
FWIW, I see that Motortrend has corrected the dimensions in the article and fixed the front profile picture. Side profile drawing comparison has been adjusted, but is still off and some of the commentary within the article is strange. The author of this article seems desperate to believe, or wants his readers to believe, that the new Hummer EV is way more massive than it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.