GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grey Font Gas Logo Symbol

Seems many owners all today have started to have the security system icon appear all the time, like there is an issue with the system. Mine did today also. Anyone else on here seeing it and had any other issues besides the icon?

Doesn't seem to have been a system update as well which is odd unless it was all behind the scenes with no notification or its a bug that just trigger with today's date?

Registered
2022 Hummer EV
I didn't realize I was part of an elite club
馃槈
Mine did it just after 1pm EST. A message popped on the screen: "service theft deterrent system" I just happened to be driving by the dealer, so I stopped and had them scan it. The light had gone off after I shut it off and before they scanned it. They just called me back and said it was a serial communication error between the modules. I assume the theft deterrent modules, and if it does it again to stop by and leave it running (on) so they could scan it while it's still lit. And if there was still an issue they would have to "re-program" all the modules.

At this point, it is probably a software bug considering everyone else that is experiencing it today.

Registered
Mine did it today for the first time today when I took it to grab lunch around 2pm. I shut it off, started it again at 5 to go home and it was gone鈥.popped back up 15 minutes into my drive home. I鈥檝e got 3,400 miles on it, no issues otherwise.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine did it today for the first time today when I took it to grab lunch around 2pm. I shut it off, started it again at 5 to go home and it was gone鈥.popped back up 15 minutes into my drive home. I鈥檝e got 3,400 miles on it, no issues otherwise.
Yep, seems to be causing no actual issues for anyone (so far).

Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
Well this is interesting. Keep tabs on it... see if we get more reports on it, then poke GM. xD

Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
I wonder if it was an onstar update or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts